Crankshaft bearing type

Just wondering what type of crankshaft bearings do you guys run?

I'm in the middle of bottom and top end rebuild so the crankshaft needs to be done to but I'm not sure should I stick with genuine bearings or should I switch to Spherical Roller bearings... 30194df760f6e9c61f91680c1c24b725.jpgf5b59b7506abc69c82a1d7f12ee40336.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I’ve been having better luck with 8 ball koyo over tz even with straight cuts. 100s of asphalt passes with almost no runout. Every time someone brings me an engine for a winter go over I check all crank parameters. The tz shows more wear in almost every case. I have even  tried the 10 ball maxload and I’m back at the 8 ball. They just flat out last

• Like 1

I’ve been having better luck with 8 ball koyo over tz even with straight cuts. 100s of asphalt passes with almost no runout. Every time someone brings me an engine for a winter go over I check all crank parameters. The tz shows more wear in almost every case. I have even  tried the 10 ball maxload and I’m back at the 8 ball. They just flat out last
Makes sense, can you give me the link where can I get it from?
I was thinking of getting skf as I can get it from work trough supplier but if koyo is better, I rather go that way.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The owners name is Dave (973)857-6464. Pick his brain on bearings this is what he does. Tell him Carl from Long Island said to give a shout. He’s super quick on shipping depending on where your at it’s usually 1-2 days. I found him through dragging street bikes. He’s built multiple sets of hybrid ceramic bearings for me and he supplies a couple factory race teams. Make sure you let him know 8 ball koyo for banshee crank and you need him to supply orings. He also does full engine ceramic kits for a Shee if you are looking to squeeze every little bit of power out of it and have the coin to do so. Any questions pm me and I’ll give you my cell 

Don’t get me wrong the tz is a nice bearing. I’ve put them in plenty of builds back in the day with zero issues. What you have to remember is somewhere along the lines people were looking for upgrades on bearings. Shops are gonna sell what customer wants. People call builders 100 times a day asking for 10 ball maxloads or tz style bearings. Just because they sell it doesn’t mean it’s right 

On June 1, 2018 at 7:59 AM, sleeper06 said:

Don’t get me wrong the tz is a nice bearing. I’ve put them in plenty of builds back in the day with zero issues. What you have to remember is somewhere along the lines people were looking for upgrades on bearings. Shops are gonna sell what customer wants. People call builders 100 times a day asking for 10 ball maxloads or tz style bearings. Just because they sell it doesn’t mean it’s right 

In theory more balls spreads he weight out better. However, you then end up with smaller balls and higher static load. There was a few really cool article way back on it from Timkin and SKF. I'll see if I can find it.