PT pipes

sheerider11

About time is right

whY pt mods or highs? You’ve got that beat with CPI
I want to tame the hit and move the power way down.
The 35s and cpi will be way to much and wear me out in no time xc racing. As much as blasting out of each corner screaming sounds like a fun time, I want to finish and actually be competitive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gusto said:

I would think for a woods racer like you SLP would be a great choice no?

I would think so.  if I ever had a banshee that I rode trails ONLY. that's the pipe id run.  Rob has ran mids before though (on his girls bike I think) and liked them, so it would be less of a risk getting them apposed to the slps and him end up not liking them.  that's my guess

I would think so.  if I ever had a banshee that I rode trails ONLY. that's the pipe id run.  Rob has ran mids before though (on his girls bike I think) and liked them, so it would be less of a risk getting them apposed to the slps and him end up not liking them.  that's my guess
This 100%
I know where (kind of) they will put me.
I have a 4 mil and pretty aggressive port.
Stupid build honestly. But was chasing numbers and not being practical.

I think slp pipes even may be to aggressive. I wish I knew someone with set close by. But I will research them more and see what charts look like.
But I also want the PT for the room I get. I will have to work the banshee in the trails. So a lot of hanging off the bike.

• Like 1

This 100%
I know where (kind of) they will put me.
I have a 4 mil and pretty aggressive port.
Stupid build honestly. But was chasing numbers and not being practical.

I think slp pipes even may be to aggressive. I wish I knew someone with set close by. But I will research them more and see what charts look like.
But I also want the PT for the room I get. I will have to work the banshee in the trails. So a lot of hanging off the bike.

I’m in central PA. Bring the bike to the house and put my PT Mids and SLP’s on to see what you like best....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t ridden the SLP’s yet (for the 421 motor I’m hopefully going to start building soon) but from the dyno graphs I’ve seen it’s how hard the pipes hit is what would fatigue a rider pretty quickly during an endurance race. I have ridden on the PT mids and the power comes on nice and smooth, not trying to rip the handle bars out of your hands. Hope that makes sense.

6 hours ago, Schweet97Z said:

I haven’t ridden the SLP’s yet (for the 421 motor I’m hopefully going to start building soon) but from the dyno graphs I’ve seen it’s how hard the pipes hit is what would fatigue a rider pretty quickly during an endurance race. I have ridden on the PT mids and the power comes on nice and smooth, not trying to rip the handle bars out of your hands. Hope that makes sense.

I had PT mids on this absolute pile of crap I bought for a grand when I was 16.  I wish I could remember what they rode like.  All I remember is that I always had electrical issues with it (the coil) but I had no idea how to fix stuff and wasn't motivated at that time to learn.  Also I remember being in 5th gear wot and the front end collapsed in on me because the cotter keys and lock nuts came off the tie rod end ball joints that hold on to the spindles.  Was scary af

Edited by Ayesully810