banshee won't idle and backfiring

Aziz

recently, I did top and bottom end for my 2005 Banshee and bored my cylinders 0.50 over. My banshee won't idle and right side backfires when i rev it. carbs synced and cleaned, they have 260 main jet and 25 pilot jet, reeds seemed fine when i installed them no cracks or anything looked bad. I have K&N filters and Toomey pipes and boost bottle with a crack in the intake but i put silicone on the crack to seat it up. i changed my spark plugs with no improvement. Sadly. i can't do a compression test or leak down test. any idea that may help diagnose the issue 

As stated above. 

Leakdown test

compression test

post pic of the carb areas so we can make sure everything is in place. With separate k/n filters in the winter you should be like 300 main 27.5 pilot , 1/2 to 1 turn out on air screws. If you don't have toomey needle in there already I would get some. Stock needle won't give as much fine tuning capabilities with the bigger main jets in there. Most importantly stop running it before you grenade a brand new set up.

Well, i found that one of the spark plugs were bent. So, I bought a new one, and now there is no more backfire. I believe I have dropped that spark plug when i installed it so maybe that's why it bent. Also, i have turned air mix scrow all the way in, and it idles pretty good. i'm not sure that was the problem. I live in pretty dry area and way too worm for winter like about 86 f and 2000 feet above sea level. is what i did right? and well it cost other problem?

2 hours ago, sleeper06 said:

As stated above. 

Leakdown test

compression test

post pic of the carb areas so we can make sure everything is in place. With separate k/n filters in the winter you should be like 300 main 27.5 pilot , 1/2 to 1 turn out on air screws. If you don't have toomey needle in there already I would get some. Stock needle won't give as much fine tuning capabilities with the bigger main jets in there. Most importantly stop running it before you grenade a brand new set up.

the thing is i don't have leakdown or compression test tools and i have to buy them online and that might be two weeks of waiting :\

i have 280 main jet in my garage i can put them on but where i live is never cold these day, it is always above 80 f. And I think i have stock needle not toomey ones 

25 minutes ago, sleeper06 said:

It's your money invested, if you wanna roll the dice go ahead. I'll bet you whatever you want there its got some form of an air leak.ive also had reeds cause a backfire. If it was a reed it would look like the motor tried to eat it

i will buy new intakes since there is higher chance that it leaks air, and i'm gonna install 27.5 pilot with 280 main since i don't have 300 in hand. hopefully, I can ride it next weekend in the desert

13 hours ago, sleeper06 said:

It's your money invested, if you wanna roll the dice go ahead. I'll bet you whatever you want there its got some form of an air leak.ive also had reeds cause a backfire. If it was a reed it would look like the motor tried to eat it

I noticed that left carb(the one with choke) leaks fuel from the gasket when it's not running, I think it's sucking air in and cause lean condition