Ice Racing

Wear something warm.

I dunno,never been to an ice race, just seen some pics/video here and there (like Huevos 4 I think). Looks like TT stuff would help; swaybar, lower front & rear, either pegs moved back 2" (Blaster pegs) or shorter swingarm, maybe shorter gearing if the track's real tight...and some motor. But for sure the studs.

If you are doin drag racing i would use a shit load of ice picks or snowmobile studs and only use eather sheat meat or KoldKutter screws in the front you dont really want studs up there for oval tracks dont use studs you would never be able to turn just use a shit load of Kold Kutters in the back on oval tracks and in draging just lean as far towards the front as you can and also pick up the ass end and drop it it helps to get the studs in the ice you really dont have to do it tho and for the oval tracks just make sure you lean all the way in to the turn i would sit on the pegs just about as low as i could go and i would do the oval in 6th gear sideways the whole time just about but i was stomping everything out there

Yeah what Jethro said, and I think you said drag only for $$$. I assume you mean in a straight line.

I would stud the rear, but test it somewhere to see if you get too much bite or not enough. Too much and you'll stall. Not enough and you'll just spin. If you can't run a wheelie bar I'd sit on your handlebars when you start.

I've never ice raced, but just thought I'd throw some ideas out there.

Where a sweater.

Ive done it a few time - even with 300+ studs per rear tire no need to be on the bars, but bundle up - hahahha -20o outside and doing 90mph - yep it gets cold. I'll just need to practice some starts and figure it out - 1st, 2nd We'll see. the ice get 3 ft thick!! Usually we just run the river and kill all the 4 strokes,, dead starts I haven't done much.

Minnesota !!!

******_*****__****___***____**_____*(rts00R_deR99)---->>>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~