Boost Bottle Delete- Billet Intake?

Killawattz

When I bought this quad it had a lot of stuff already done to it.  FMF gold series fatty pipes, FMF power core...some sort of custom swing arm, and a boost bottle.

Now, from what I've read the boost bottle is far more trouble than it's worth, and I've also read that I can get a billet intake that is nicer and includes a replacement part that the boost bottle takes up.

I just want to make sure this is the right part: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chariot-Banshee-Billet-Intakes-36-40-carb-Crossover-V-Force-2-3-4-/281971446215

It's a 2005, and still has two carbs, but there seems to be different intakes for different carbs, but I have no idea which one is which.

Thanks

14 minutes ago, Ayesully810 said:

Just do this..

Get UPP intakes with a cross over tube for 26mm carbs (stock) or just get the UPP intakes that have NO cross over tube.  They aren't billet, but they are nice

nice avatar.  Got a serious broner right now.  So why would I get the UPP over the Chariot racing?  More research needed...

On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 10:21 PM, Killawattz said:

nice avatar.  Got a serious broner right now.  So why would I get the UPP over the Chariot racing?  More research needed...

im way out of your league

and bc they are cheaper and work just as good as billet. But if you want billet go a head there is no performance difference was just giving you my opinion

and claude no they don't, at least not in my experience. Ive had to rtv upps before.

Edited by Ayesully810

On 1/29/2018 at 2:46 PM, Ayesully810 said:

im way out of your league

and bc they are cheaper and work just as good as billet. But if you want billet go a head there is no performance difference was just giving you my opinion

and claude no they don't, at least not in my experience. Ive had to rtv upps before.

Gotcha, I'm coming from absolutely 0 knowledge as far as banshees and 2 strokes go, so I ask dumb questions.  I just read boost bottle=cracked boots=bad so I was going to try and fix that.

17 minutes ago, Killawattz said:

Gotcha, I'm coming from absolutely 0 knowledge as far as banshees and 2 strokes go, so I ask dumb questions.  I just read boost bottle=cracked boots=bad so I was going to try and fix that.

imo a boost bottle isn't gunna cause boots to crack, its old worn out boots that crack.  The boost bottle is completely useless and just takes up a ton of room in that area. Bettter to just get id of it all

1 hour ago, Ayesully810 said:

imo a boost bottle isn't gunna cause boots to crack, its old worn out boots that crack.  The boost bottle is completely useless and just takes up a ton of room in that area. Bettter to just get id of it all

I see.  I'll get rid of it anyway then.  The quad runs fine to me (with the exception of getting it moving without stalling,takes at least half throttle and a lot of clutch work to get it going), but I have no idea if it's even jetted properly (I'm at 3500 ft), what condition the top end is in, the grab bar is bent, and there are a few cosmetic items I would like to change.  So, my plan is to get a shopping list together, and rebuild this thing almost completely and give it a good clean bill of health.

47 minutes ago, Killawattz said:

I see.  I'll get rid of it anyway then.  The quad runs fine to me (with the exception of getting it moving without stalling,takes at least half throttle and a lot of clutch work to get it going), but I have no idea if it's even jetted properly (I'm at 3500 ft), what condition the top end is in, the grab bar is bent, and there are a few cosmetic items I would like to change.  So, my plan is to get a shopping list together, and rebuild this thing almost completely and give it a good clean bill of health.

If I were you, id just ride the hell out of it until it starts to get boring or until you really get use to the power, then starting dropping coin on it.  Lots of options out there as far as modifications

10 hours ago, Ayesully810 said:

If I were you, id just ride the hell out of it until it starts to get boring or until you really get use to the power, then starting dropping coin on it.  Lots of options out there as far as modifications

That sounds like a good idea, I just don't want to mess the thing up and fry a piston or something because it's not set up right.  Though I guess if it wasn't jetted for a higher elevation, it would run rich instead of lean.

yeah just make sure the jetting is good, carbs are sync'd, keep up on cleaning the air filter and uill be good. compression check should let u know where the top end is at as far as life. stock compression is 120 psi 

Edited by Ayesully810