2000 Banshee upgrade/build thread

Hey guys,

This is gonna be my thread for asking some questions while I mess with this thing for the next little while.

I have had my banshee since I got it new for my 16th birthday. I have done the usual mods over the years like t5s,timing plate,coolhead,billet intake and pods. Bought some ported jugs 10-12 yrs ago and it has ran pretty well. But has not been freshened up since.( sat for 5+ yrs at one point: kids,house,other projects ect.). Bought my son one of those cheapo china quads a couple years ago and followed him one time in the trails in the rzr, pulled the banshee out that day and been hooked again lol.

Anyways I have almost all the parts to build a driveline lp 421 which I will be doing next winter. I have never touched the suspension so that has been this winter's project.

So far I have +2+1 lonestar a arms and elka stage 3 front shocks set up for me( 160lb rider, trail/dune).

My first question is opinions on swingarms. I ride 75% trail 25% dune. I've been torn between a -1 and a +2. I like the whole idea of balancing the bike better with the -1 but am worried about keeping the front end down in the dunes or on hills. I'm a good rider but I'm not the best either. Which would you guys run.

-2 will give you the traction for sure. But you're lighter then I am so the front certainly will be up more. Maybe hold off till you can ride the new motor on the stock swing arm. Then you can determine if you want to go shorter. Definitely avoid going longer if it sees mostly trails. 

1 hour ago, Rippin'n'Runnin said:

That's not a bad idea. I don't have trouble keeping it down now so I'll have to see I guess. I have also thought about staying stock length and just getting a roundhouse style arm

Regardless of the length, roundhouse style is mandatory. They stay straight and adjust super quick. 

i have a -1 by Tyson. it is supposed to be a stock length but to me looks short. its round style

pm me if you want pics it painted black with pivot bearings already installed, I would ask maybe 225 shipped