Pro taper handle bars

Drizzy

Had some pro taper handle bars that came off a raptor 660 and decided to try and put them on the banshee. Does anyone have issue with the key switch hitting the bars? Or will these not work for a banshee since they came off the 660? Thanks in advance 23a6904314120f6e03cecd018ef5531f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had some pro taper handle bars that came off a raptor 660 and decided to try and put them on the banshee. Does anyone have issue with the key switch hitting the bars? Or will these not work for a banshee since they came off the 660? Thanks in advance 23a6904314120f6e03cecd018ef5531f.jpg

I just put the same bars on mine. I relocated the key switch under the seat. Several people make an aluminum piece that mounts across the rear holes in the gas tank. Pretty slick.

I just put the same bars on mine. I relocated the key switch under the seat. Several people make an aluminum piece that mounts across the rear holes in the gas tank. Pretty slick.

So only way to have these is to relocate key switch?

Just now, Canadianshee said:

Depending on some insurance companies its a requirement for thief coverage.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

What thief coverage? You do know the key on a banshee offers zero thief coverage to anyone that has just 1 clue. I have done it and seen others start a banshee that has a key switch without a key very quickly.

8 minutes ago, Drizzy said:

Got a pic

not at the moment,  it sits in my collection of banshee parts in my barn,  its a standard one though,  uses the back two gas tank bolts to hold it in place, and the stock key goes in it,  made of aluminum.  

What thief coverage? You do know the key on a banshee offers zero thief coverage to anyone that has just 1 clue. I have done it and seen others start a banshee that has a key switch without a key very quickly.
Ok my apology for assuming. So I will spell it out the long way. As stated some insurance companies require you to have a keyed ing, to have theif coverage, in the event the bike is stolen. My statement was not about how easy it is to bypass the key. So in this case regarding insurance their is a point to the keyed ing.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Why does anyone use a key on a banshee?
You do know it is pointless right?

Yes it’s pointless for me to have a key. Just keeps younger siblings from riding when I’m away at work. Lol which I’m gone for days all the damn time