Gearing for a +4mil stroker

Hello there im wondering if there is a better gearing for my banshee since i ride on the tarmac and dirt as well.. Is there anyone who used a gearing that goes plus top speed without losing that much performance on tarmac and dirt (specially) or is better to stay with this setup ? Also when i ride on tarmac i go to the top speed easily with this gearing of course..

My current setup is this:
-> +4mm stroker crankshaft with +5mm longer rods
-> 66.50 Stroker Pistons
-> Ported Cylinders
-> Keihin 35mm PWK Airstriker Carbs

-> F.A.S.T Head with 22cc stroker domes (I run with 98 octane pump gas)
-> 15/41 Gearing
-> +2 Advance Timing Plate
-> K&N Air Filter with airbox

Thanks!

10 hours ago, trickedcarbine said:
  • 15/39. If you hunt real hard you may find a 38 rear for the 6 bolt style. Any more top end then that and you'll have to try a 16/41. Can't really see the typical 4mil wanting to really pull a 16 tooth front though but it's probably doable. 

Thank you for your answer! I´ll buy a 39t rear sprocket and then i´ll test a 38t.

5 hours ago, ginger said:

i have the 15-41 setup and it pulls hard but still has enough low end for some trail riding. 

I still think it sould need more top speed and where i live the most of the trails are fast. Im still with fmf fatty pipes and powercore II exhaust but im looking forward to buy some Shearers small bore in frame soon .. (i hope)

if you do that, you will want to keep your gearing as the motor will pull at a higher rpm than what you currently have,   so say right now your pulls from 4-10k rpm shears will pull from 6-12k for example not actual numbers.  so you will need to keep the gearing to get out of the hole and it will top out at a higher rpm. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ginger said:

if you do that, you will want to keep your gearing as the motor will pull at a higher rpm than what you currently have,   so say right now your pulls from 4-10k rpm shears will pull from 6-12k for example not actual numbers.  so you will need to keep the gearing to get out of the hole and it will top out at a higher rpm. 

Hum interesting i'll keep that in mind thanks a lot!