Clutch issues/qustions

Hey guys haven't been on here in along time. I'm having issues with clutch. I ordered a new clutch cable in which I found out it won't fit. I'm wondering if maybe I need to adjust my clutch inside the cover. I got a manual, and have read through about lining up the arrows. 

Im just curious if anyone knows what the length is suppose to be for the cable, and wear the process is for properly adjusting the clutch inside so there isn't any lurching forward. 

Thanks any any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

If a cable is stretched, someone may have made an adjustment inside the clutch cover, in which you may need to adjust it back for the new cable.  

Regarding adjustment, it is not really paramount that the arrows line up perfect.  What is desired by Yamaha is that the actuator arm is roughly 90* from the line of the cable.  

Regarding lurching.  when a clutch is adjusted properly, you will have a bit of free play at the very end of travel of the bar lever.  You NEED that free play.  If you have that, pull the lever all the way in, and the bike still wants to creep forward, there are likely clutch issues with the basket or hub.  This causes the clutch plates to try to stay in an engaged state.  

Brandon

Mull Engineering