Help 2005 Banshee repair

Benji61

Like gusto said sounds like the head wasn't set up for the longer stroke crank. Pull the head off and the jugs and see what the head, pistons, and rods look like and take pictures and we can go from there. It's all going to depend on what's broke...... thats a good looking bike lets get her running!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Get better pics of the cylinders. Flip em up aide down and get a pic also the bore. Also the tops of the pistons, side of the crank rods and domes.
Looked like the transfers had been ported from what i could see, could see too well

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Update, took it to a mechanic and just off first sight he could of tell the cylinders were messed up and top end might of blown due to the port.

Now my question is should I just buy the parts and leave it at 4 mil or convert it back to stock. Don't really care for speed. I just want it to be reliable and less chance it could mess up again.

Update, took it to a mechanic and just off first sight he could of tell the cylinders were messed up and top end might of blown due to the port.

Now my question is should I just buy the parts and leave it at 4 mil or convert it back to stock. Don't really care for speed. I just want it to be reliable and less chance it could mess up again.
Look into prices and see what u want to set your budget at. If you want to stay cheep on the build I have a stock stroke crank in good shape if yours is in good shape I'll trade you. Or you could sell the crank and buy a stock. How bad are the cylinders? Try to take a good picture of inside the bore. Of both cylinders

i left the Banshee with the mechanic so he can inspect it some more. So I cant take the pics at the moment.
Is having everything stock more reliable than having it with the 4 mil? 

Reliability really all depends on quality of parts and work done on built. But most importantly tuning. Maby someone else will chime in and say otherwise but if it's built right and tuned right and well maintained they will both last just as long, depending on how you ride.

But on your 4 mil to have it built correctly you need to find a reputable builder send your cylinders off and have them probably bored out if there trashed and then ported for the 4 mil. Plus the correct pistons for the stroke, a new head if that one is trashed and correct domes cut for the 4 mil stroke ur builder will tell you what to get or sell it to you. Plus jetting your carb out for the 4 mil. Check out our sponsors and check prices call builders and see what they recommend.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Benji61 said:

i left the Banshee with the mechanic so he can inspect it some more. So I cant take the pics at the moment.

Is having everything stock more reliable than having it with the 4 mil?

not really.  if the machine is put together properly and setup right, it should be reliable.  who did you take it to?

imo you really need to be taking this stuff to someone who SPECIFICALLY deals with banshees, in my experience that is where you will get the best results from.

If it were me, if the crank and bottom end is good I would have the cylinders bored to the next size assuming your not at 66.5 bore, new pistons, cylinders ported for the 4 mil stroke, and have some stroker domes cut for your head..  This should all be done by a site sponsor sir.

• Like 1