Help 2005 Banshee repair

Benji61

Hello all, my name is Alex. Dont know much about atv even less about Banshees engines. I came across a banshee for sale for what thought was a good proce so I decided to buy it and make it my project. 

Since I dont know much about banshee Id thought I stop buy and ask for guidance.

The banshee has a blown off top end, it has a 4 stroker and I want to take it back to stock. My question is, how do I do that? What kind of parts do I need and what should I look for?

Hello all, my name is Alex. Dont know much about atv even less about Banshees engines. I came across a banshee for sale for what thought was a good proce so I decided to buy it and make it my project. 

Since I dont know much about banshee Id thought I stop buy and ask for guidance.

The banshee has a blown off top end, it has a 4 stroker and I want to take it back to stock. My question is, how do I do that? What kind of parts do I need and what should I look for?
Huh??? It has a 4 stroke motor in it? Or is it a 4 mil stroker crank?...... for starters do some research then when u do that research do some more. This forum is awesome lots of great folks ready to jump in and help you out but you need to do your research to. First off find a repair manual for the banshee, loads of info in there you need to know. Then buy or make a leak down tool, get a compression tester, and a flywheel puller cause you will need all those trust me. So with that said welcome to the forum. Now let's clarify your issues. The top end is still intact right? Meaning the jugs head and ECT is still all there or did it "blow off" and is no longer intact? And is the crank still in good shape? Does it turn over at all?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It most likely has a stroker crank is what he is saying. Highly unlikely it has a 4 stroke engine it in.
Depends on how much u are wiing to put into it alex. Whats the budget?

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

And if it is a 4 mil crank and in good condition u should think about keeping it that's a wonderful upgrade to the banshee. U can still do stock bore cylinders depending on cylinder condition and budget. But if you want to take it back to stock stroke crank and your crank is in good shape let me know I'll trade you a good stock crank for your 4 mil

I am sorry, I know I should do research and Im on that. I just got it yesterday and am excited to get started.

Yes, its a 4 mil stroker. This is my first atv build up and am trying to gather as much information as I can.
No problem I didn't mean to sound rude or overwhelming. U going to keep the 4 mil crank or go to stock. Also are you sure it's a 4 mil?

so you would like to rebuild this motor to its stock form?  You will first need a stock stroke crank. You can find one of those easy, someone on here will gladly trade you im sure or you can buy one and save your 4 mil crank for future use.  Personally, if this bike that you have was put together properly, I would just have your cylinders bored and honed to the next size and get you some new pistons, rings and you can learn from here how to rebuild your top end.  Give us some more detailed information on what the seller told you.  And some pics too if you have em

Edited by Ayesully810

Adding on to the post,  Apparently his friend had upgraded it to a 4 mil and left something stock (cant remember the part) and that is what caused the top end to mess up. He was planning on buying a stock crank shaft kit and putting it back to stock. He recommended me to put it back to stock so I was planning on doing that. But I am still open to anything.

I am unsure if it is ported at the moment.

Doesnt sound like it was setup right. What head does it have on it? You should start by taking it apart and neatly organizing everything into labeled bags and see whats inside this thing and what the head and cylinders look like. Sounds like he just dropped a 4 mil crank in it and fired it up.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk