CPI pipes and overrev

SlowMoe

I don't have a shitload of experience with different banshee pipes.

T-5's, Paul turner hi revs, Pro circuit platinums and now CPI.

Each one of these pipes had something the CPI pipes seem to be missing; overrev.

When the CPI's hit, it's a very hard midrange hit that pulls decent RPM's, but prefer to be short shifted, unlike the aforementioned pipes, which don't mind revving to the moon before hitting the next gear.

I guess my question is, is this typical of a CPI pipe, and if not I was wondering if my porting has something to do with.

My numbers are 196 exhaust 124 transfer. The exhaust port is very wide, probably 75% of bore.

The intake ports were not opened up much. No boyesen ports.

Is there anything I can do porting wise to improve my overrev? Do boyesen ports help any? Will more transfer timing help it rev out further?

Or is this just the nature of the pipes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have zero problems with CPI overrevving. My guess would be porting or domes, timing. Looking at your dyno numbers your missing roughly 10-15 hp  with those same durations. Some builders consider those durations to be drag porting. What configuration of domes are you running and what size ?

I'm trying to get the dome info from my builder. I don't think anything else is out of the ordinary.

-Cool head pump gas domes
-vf4
-34mm PJ
-porting
-+4mm crank
-+4 timing

It could be domes but my builder is pretty reputable around here and I doubt he would have totally dropped the ball on that. So.

Sleeper, you've seen my dyno chart. Does it look to you like the power is falling off faster than normal on the top end? Maybe it's all in my head because the midrange is so strong

Looking at your dyno numbers your missing roughly 10-15 hp  with those same durations.

The guy that built and dynoed my bike said that his dyno reads AT LEAST 5-6 hp lower than any other dyno he knows of. So 68 HP is conservative, not to mention my clutch was slipping

What you have rite there my friend is a time bomb on your hands. What size pistons? Usually under 65 you can get away with 23cc domes, over that go with 24s sometimes 25. Like said above your detonating that motor, hear it or not but it's fighting itself. What's your static compression like