head bolts came loose

so yesterday was the first time I took my banshee to the sand dunes 10 mins into riding and it started smoking bad from one side I noticed my coolant was low too so I added coolant and i can hear like water sipping thru the head..... I saw all the bolts had came loose on head , and it has one of those cool heads ..Why did it come loose am I suppose to add some of that thread lock ....i just bought this quad and it has been a headache 

• 4 weeks later...

well I had bought the o ring kit and studs with the acorn nuts kit that goes with this head but when I took off head I found that all head studs were not straight or bolted in all the way. So I took off the studs and found the middle two stripped and the rest where a mess I guess who ever had this bike before re threaded the holes but did a messed up job doing it some studs weren't even straight. I tried fixing the holes by helicoiling them but the holes where just to messed up to fix so i just ordered new jugs instead.