Banshee rebuild

Sup fellas, as a few of you prolly already know I'm rebuilding top end on a shee I bought off some dude. Ordered new 66 mm wiseco pistons, gonna get cylinders bored once those get in. Going to take the quad to a buddy of mine he was gonna help me check out the bottom end, he said he can tell if I'm good. Is there anything I should look out for in particular? Also.. since I'm gonna be down there, is there any seals/gaskets that I would be better off replacing? 

I wanna have this bad bitch 100% when she's back up.

5 hours ago, spurdy said:

All seals and gaskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really the only gaskets I remember were the ones for the reeds, which I already got new ones with new vforce 4.

as for the manual I ordered one online should be getting here before I finish the cylinders, hope its as helpful as everyone says it is

1 hour ago, spurdy said:

Water pump gasket. Clutch cover gasket. Base gaskets. A seal kit is $45. You'll spend a dollar trying to save a dime.

Didn't know they sold kits good to know. I have a spare clutch cover gasket and not to mention a new one in there from when I was messing with my clutch.

side note- do you guys have a method to removing the rubber boot cage off old reeds to reuse them? They have been sealed with some sort of sealant or something. Would like to reuse these if possible

55 minutes ago, Rawnold said:

rubber boot cage off old reeds to reuse them? They have been sealed with some sort of sealant or something.

Huh? Are you taking about the intakes that bolt to the reed cages?

idk what "rubber boot cages" are.  Cages is what the reeds are usually called and they aren't rubber only thing that's rubber is the intakes that bolt to the reeds.  If your talking about silicone sealant on the edges of the cages and intakes, I usually get a razor blade that's nice and sharp and clean that crap off, should come right off, can get a rag and put some brake cleaner on it and scrub a little and then blow off with air.

11 hours ago, Ayesully810 said:

idk what "rubber boot cages" are.  Cages is what the reeds are usually called and they aren't rubber only thing that's rubber is the intakes that bolt to the reeds.  If your talking about silicone sealant on the edges of the cages and intakes, I usually get a razor blade that's nice and sharp and clean that crap off, should come right off, can get a rag and put some brake cleaner on it and scrub a little and then blow off with air.

Lol sorry.. I meant the reed boot. Anyways the dude that set them up must've used some actual glue or something other than silicone cause the actual paste in between is solid. I will try soaking them in some wd40 for some time to see if it helps them I'll try the blade again 

Lol sorry.. I meant the reed boot. Anyways the dude that set them up must've used some actual glue or something other than silicone cause the actual paste in between is solid. I will try soaking them in some wd40 for some time to see if it helps them I'll try the blade again 

I would just replace them and do it right. The rubber may already be damaged or may get damaged trying to separate them.

One more time, you can spend a dollar trying to save a dime.

Intake boots are one of the most common sources of air leaks that cause too end failures.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.