Need help 01 banhsee

So i traded my 450 a week ago for an 01 banshee . Ive always wanted one and now i got it .it will idle and start first or second kick everytime . The problem is when i throttle past maybe 3/4 of the way it wants to bog and almost seems like no power . But if i keep it under 3/4 throttle it will rip and sound just fine. Im stuck here. It is pretty stock with a boost bottle ,and k &n pod filters. Not sure of the jetting being i just got it. Also has tors deleted but not sure if maybe he didnt do that right. Any help would be awesome.

So i traded my 450 a week ago for an 01 banshee . Ive always wanted one and now i got it .it will idle and start first or second kick everytime . The problem is when i throttle past maybe 3/4 of the way it wants to bog and almost seems like no power . But if i keep it under 3/4 throttle it will rip and sound just fine. Im stuck here. It is pretty stock with a boost bottle ,and k &n pod filters. Not sure of the jetting being i just got it. Also has tors deleted but not sure if maybe he didnt do that right. Any help would be awesome.

First, is ditch the boost bottle. They can cause issues with air leaks and can cause intake boots to crack, again, resulting in an air leak.

The bog at 3/4 throttle and above is s most likely a jetting issue on the main jet.

Carbs? Pipes? Any changes in airflow through the motor will need to have jetting adjusted. From intake tract to exhaust, porting, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/3/2017 at 0:54 AM, spurdy said:

First, is ditch the boost bottle. They can cause issues with air leaks and can cause intake boots to crack, again, resulting in an air leak.

The bog at 3/4 throttle and above is s most likely a jetting issue on the main jet.

Carbs? Pipes? Any changes in airflow through the motor will need to have jetting adjusted. From intake tract to exhaust, porting, etc.

So what jets should i have for the setup i have. From what i can tell the main jet has 200 stamped on it and not sure how to find the size on pilot jet

6 hours ago, trickedcarbine said:

Aftermarket pipes? As is those 200's are lean with your pod filters. If it's just got filters and stock pipes, find some 240's. May as well just do some 27.5 pilots to. 

Ditch that boost bottle or pay for a melt down later. 

I beleive me running with the 200 jet cause me to loose somw compression im down to 80 psi now on both cylinders. Time for a rebuild and a jet kit .. so if i get a 240 jet with a 27.5 pilot jet and ditch the boost bottle i should be good right

5 hours ago, 2strokedev said:

I beleive me running with the 200 jet cause me to loose somw compression im down to 80 psi now on both cylinders. Time for a rebuild and a jet kit .. so if i get a 240 jet with a 27.5 pilot jet and ditch the boost bottle i should be good right

Should be damn close. 

In all honesty, I'm surprised it starts with only 80psi in the cylinders. May wanna check with another gauge to be sure. But if it is indeed 80psi, it's time for a rebuild. Quite likely if it is burned down, it's thanks to those 200 jets being to small. 

4 hours ago, trickedcarbine said:

In all honesty, I'm surprised it starts with only 80psi in the cylinders. May wanna check with another gauge to be sure. But if it is indeed 80psi, it's time for a rebuild. Quite likely if it is burned down, it's thanks to those 200 jets being to small. 

Thanks for the help im going to get a better compression tester today . I have the carbs off looking at jets .would it make a difference if i had the carbs on or off when i test compression?

Well i just pulled the head off so i can see what im working with . The piston is .40 over but the piston and ring doesnt have much play in the cylinder is there something else i should check before ordering piston and rings?.also the jug is in great shape is it possible to just do rings ?

Well i just pulled the head off so i can see what im working with . The piston is .40 over but the piston and ring doesnt have much play in the cylinder is there something else i should check before ordering piston and rings?.also the jug is in great shape is it possible to just do rings ?

Yes, could just re ring in. But I would check the clearance between the cyl and the piston to see what the gap is. It is supposed to be 2 or 3 thousandths if I remember right. It is detailed in a clymers manual.

I would also check the cylinder condition. By this I mean that the cyl walls are not worn like tapered or anything.