Hinson cushions, backing plate, screws

2 hours ago, sheerider11 said:

Call chariot and tell them you want the HD cushions, backing plate and bolts.
You'll need to drill and tap the holes but you'll double the life of it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ok thanks 

I saw on mattoons description on eBay all you had to do was drill and re tap for bigger bolts. Can anyone confirm that the cushions will work with the Hinson basket. Fixing to order soon and wanna make sure there cushions will work?

I saw on mattoons description on eBay all you had to do was drill and re tap for bigger bolts. Can anyone confirm that the cushions will work with the Hinson basket. Fixing to order soon and wanna make sure there cushions will work?

Yes. Have done it in many. You will think they won't fit but they will. They are harder then the joke bushings hinson gives you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Wow, Learn something new every day.... After a little checking I see that Hinson Banshee cushions are the standard round style just like the others. All these years I thought Hinson used these funky shaped proprietary pucks like this.  https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=L7xh7w1a&id=5BE95CBA5E2A4C396CC8F063965E2CBB07E17CB5&thid=OIP.L7xh7w1aeWjUZ8KhE0_jAQEsEs&q=hinson+clutch+basket+cushion+images&simid=608027685417976365&selectedIndex=2&qpvt=hinson+clutch+basket+cushion+images&ajaxhist=0

When I first replaced mine I fought with them like crazy but have found that if I just barley started one side then used a flat blade screwdriver I could easily get the opposite side to start and they'd push right down into place. Hope that help's makes it easier for you.

I've not used the Chariot kit but all of the stuff that I've ever got from Jerry has been 1st rate.

I just installed a set of Mattoon cushions and really like how dense they are but I didn't use the backing plate and larger screws that require drilling and tapping oversize. Instead, I used a Hinson plate and bolt kit that had the same size screws that my original billet basket used.