Squish Testing

I'm doing a squish test today, and was wondering what gauge solder to use. And from what I remembered, you bend the solder to an "L" shape, stick it down the spark plug hole to the side of the cylinders, not to the exhaust and intake ports. Is all this info right?

I'm doing a squish test today, and was wondering what gauge solder to use. And from what I remembered, you bend the solder to an "L" shape, stick it down the spark plug hole to the side of the cylinders, not to the exhaust and intake ports. Is all this info right?

You can check squish from exhaust or intake. Through the spark plug hole and in line with the wrist pin. Something soft, like 50/50 and something that is thicker than your squish will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, stock cyl and stroke. Are those squish numbers good?

I'm not an expert on squish there are a few guys on here that know this very well. Only thing I can say is depending on your build your smaller number should be near the cylinder wall your larger number should be towards the spark plug.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Good to go.

Fuck yeah, this is my first "engine build" and everything went so smooth. Compression is good for not even being started up yet, passed leak test, and squish is good. A lot of people doubt us teens lol. Thanks for the help everyone