Is Klotz Benol good oil for stock banshee

Also be careful with Benol as it separates. I run Klotz Supertechniplate as you get the clean burning benefits of synthetic and the protection of castor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second that on the techniplate.

Also be careful with Benol as it separates. I run Klotz Supertechniplate as you get the clean burning benefits of synthetic and the protection of castor.

Doesn't it only separate when it gets colder out?

Correct. Just make sure you run your carb bowls dry before storage and shake up or stir whatever is left in the tank after storage

I have always been told to manually drain your carb bowls, as running them dry my cause a lean condition, even for a short period. Others on here will surely know about that, if it true or as I'm far from expert

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

As long as you are at an idle it will just die when the fuel runs out.  You don't want to be screaming wide open and then run out.

Before I put my bike away I shut the gas off and run around the yard a couple of times.  I have clear fuel lines so I can see when I'm getting close to emptying the bowls.

• Like 1

As long as you are at an idle it will just die when the fuel runs out. You don't want to be screaming wide open and then run out.

Before I put my bike away I shut the gas off and run around the yard a couple of times. I have clear fuel lines so I can see when I'm getting close to emptying the bowls.

How can you see how much fuel is in the bowl with clear fuel lines?

Once the tank is empty, your lines are empty, but the bowls are full.

Running out of fuel at idle isn't good for your engine either. One side will inevitably run out first and cycle up and down without lubrication until the other side runs out.

Loosen the drain on the bottom of the carb bowl if you want to drain the carbs.

• Like 1

And this is why I don't run maxima 927 or benol because it's a pain in the ass and everyone has an opinion on the right way to use it.

Stating that running an engine out of fuel being harmful isn't an opinion.

I added something to the post that was useful to the original poster.