1987 Banshee restore to factory spec.

boela

Hi guys.

I just bought a 1987 Banshee frame with the swing arm and front suspension with brakes.

The are very rare in South Africa so I would like to restore it like it was bought new,or very close to new.

I have got a lot of questions.The plan is to buy second hand parts and repair them.

My first question is were the rims steel or aluminum.

Are the front and rear shocks over the years the same.

I want to get as much information as possible and start to collect parts,I hope you guys will be able to help me.

I like that original 87 look. Kinda what I been going for on my own junk over the last several years. Pretty sure the calipers and hubs are different. The axle carrier is smaller also. I got one in my shop right now, it belongs to a buddy. If you need pics or anything let me know.

No problem. I will help any way possible. As I said, I am kinda heading that route with mine. Basically just red and white plastic, I got an 87 reproduction sticker kit, next year or 2 I want to get the frame powdered red. I have tried to find the exact red the factory used but I havent found a solid answer yet. Debating on powdering the a arms and swinger white or not.

Yea there's a few banghsee's around here. There's 2 more behind my rzr you cant see in the pic. I think there's 7 or 8 out there now. Everybody brings them here when their broke. Somehow they wind up staying here for a while.

• 1 month later...