Help! 6th gear bog! Everything else works fine!

EaCastillo00

Hi, i have a 93 banshee, everything works perfectly fine, i can rev it al the way up while on neutral up to 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th gear, the problem starts at 6th, i can have it on low to mid low revs, when i try to rev up on 6th the quad bogs, i tested it on a straight line gave it full throttle on 6th it started to bog, it doesnt turn off but it fails, and it kinda wants to rev up but then it fails again and so on, bottom line is, 6th gear bog, what could it be? What can i do? HELP

Toomey T5 Pipes, K&N Pro Flow Kit, my engine just Got Overhauled, its standard, Inside the carb, 200 Main, 25 pilot, and Tors Eliminator Kit,

Wow! There's the problem. You are gonna melt that thing down if you keep riding it.

Grab your self a 27.5 pilot and main jets from 270-290. Work your way down from 290 just to be safe. I'd bet you dial in around 270-280.

Always want it just a bit too rich. It's what helps cool the motor down. Id go up 2 sizes. Also on long pulls the stock fuel valve may not flow enough. I would change it out. If bike is hard to start go up on pilot too. On fresh motors you want it right to help seat rings.

Ok guys bought the jets already, final questions before re jetting, first, will it be necessary to adjust my air screw after rejet? And last but not least, in what position should my needle clip be?

I'm guessing with it being that lean you probably don't need to change anything to see an improvement. I always went by the motto when jetting is to change one thing at a time.

Sent from Planned Parenthood