My air filter fell off......

I bought a 91 chee last week. (from a good friend) It's in really good shape. Other the the t5's and a 2 into 1 air filter, I think she is bone stock.. I was going to go for a ride this morning and was warming her up and I noticed the air filter was laying on the swing arm..( I'm missing the hose clamp and rubber piece that fits them together). . I called toomey and he said he has the in stock.. I want to start upgrading the bike .. suspension and engine both. Will the 2 into 1 air filter work with bigger carbs?.. Is there a system that will work with both?.. And I see alot of different stroker engine kit's.. And then I hear guy's talking about how their sleepers whoop up on the big guy's. What's the go to package for like fire rodes.wheir I live there's nothing but fire rodes .and when I'm at dumont/ glamis / pismo I mostly Drag Race..

I also have a 05 trx450 that has some engine modds.. And a 05 hayabusa.. The trx has about 58 hp.. It does pertty good but I want my chee to smoke it.. I tried to upload pictures of my chee but it keeps saying my file is to big...thanks for any info.. It will be much appreciated

Switch to pod filters for your stock carbs and be done with the filter headache.

As far as motor combos, if you are serious about making real power the options are endless. But for someone starting out, a 4mil stroker crank and ported stock cylinders can be a really fun motor. 80hp on race gas, 70-75 on pump gas. Something like a Dune port would be sweet for open trails and fire roads like you mentioned. Really a stout and proven combo if done by a reputable builder. No crazy machine work and a minimal learning curve. Something that can wow you, and still be relatively simple.

• Like 1

I vote yes to run pods off your stock carbs it will be much easier believe me. 

Chee means "Tittie" in spanish.. have fun with your titties mike and welcome to the hq

Also I second the 4 mil ported stock cylinder option. I had a setup like that for a bit and it ripped at the dunes and open shots. Get you a set of CPIs or shearers to go with it for the open roads. 

Switch to pod filters for your stock carbs and be done with the filter headache.

As far as motor combos, if you are serious about making real power the options are endless. But for someone starting out, a 4mil stroker crank and ported stock cylinders can be a really fun motor. 80hp on race gas, 70-75 on pump gas. Something like a Dune port would be sweet for open trails and fire roads like you mentioned. Really a stout and proven combo if done by a reputable builder. No crazy machine work and a minimal learning curve. Something that can wow you, and still be relatively simple.

Who is this reputable builder that you are talking about?