Setting Carbs

johngolfvr6

• 6 years later...

i know this is an old post but I am trying to learn as much as I can about stock carbs because my brother in law just bought a stock banshee so I have to learn all over again from step one. Havent touched a stock shee in a long long time. is this tube they are referring to the "fuel lines"? I know that his carbs are not connected except for the fuel line.

And my second question is how to you sync stock carbs? without tors! he has a twist throttle on his bike, and we put a stock thumb throttle back on. the way I synced the carbs was made sure the idle screws were the same and made sure that the slides had the same gap when they were down. I did this by adjusted the cable on the caps and then tighten the lock nut. Is this right? we are going out to the desert this wknd and dont wanna it to blow up! bike runs good and strong so far!

Edited by bansheeryder21

i know this is an old post but I am trying to learn as much as I can about stock carbs because my brother in law just bought a stock banshee so I have to learn all over again from step one. Havent touched a stock shee in a long long time. is this tube they are referring to the "fuel lines"? I know that his carbs are not connected except for the fuel line.

And my second question is how to you sync stock carbs? without tors! he has a twist throttle on his bike, and we put a stock thumb throttle back on. the way I synced the carbs was made sure the idle screws were the same and made sure that the slides had the same gap when they were down. I did this by adjusted the cable on the caps and then tighten the lock nut. Is this right? we are going out to the desert this wknd and dont wanna it to blow up! bike runs good and strong so far!

There is a small black tube connected to both carbs. Yes it is a choke tube and most shees wont run without them, or will barley run.

Syncing carbs is pretty easy, you can buy the sync tool from Jeff @ fast...or sync them yourself. Make sure both carb slides raise and lower in the carbs the EXACT same time. -Good Luck :cheers:

Okay, there is no piece connecting the chokes together but the bike runs. Is it possible this thing has been removed. Will it be bad to run it like that? If I buy a new one, how does it connect together?

Edited by bansheeryder21

is it just me or r some of you guys adjusting the idle with the throttle cable and not the idle screw because some of you said the screw on top of the carb tops and if so thats wrong, the propose of an idle screw is so that you can leave a little slack in the throttle cable, when at idle the slides should rest on the idle screws that are on the side of the carbs not top.

is it just me or r some of you guys adjusting the idle with the throttle cable and not the idle screw because some of you said the screw on top of the carb tops and if so thats wrong, the propose of an idle screw is so that you can leave a little slack in the throttle cable, when at idle the slides should rest on the idle screws that are on the side of the carbs not top.

no I used the idle screw of course. I used the throttle cable to sync the carbs (slides)