Carbs flood out when bike is warmed up

jakerusso45

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you change the oring on the seat brass barrel?

Are your reeds sealing or letting pressure back in?

You can stop playing with jetting doubt that's it , but you are in need of a top end

Yes I changed the whole seat and o ring and checked my reeds that were in pretty good shape. No gaps in the paddles. I did pull the fly wheel just to see and I found that I broke my woodruff key in half when reinstalling the flywheel. So one half was still holding the flywheel in place while the other bounced around my stator which I'm assuming destroyed it and is the reason for these low end problems. I'll post a pic of the stator later when I get home tonight. Could a stator cause these issues? I'm just assuming because it's the first thing I've actually found wrong beside the compression being down.

Pic of the key

a0f134ea108ea864f71833b4577e987f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if it's not creating a large enough spark at low RPM's which is causing the carbs to flood out. I noticed when checking for spark when I kicked it normally I would only get a somewhat weak spark and when I kicked it very aggressively I would get a nice strong blue spark.

that leads me to think you have a hole in the float.  

i cannot see any reason why the motor would cause it to overflow.  if it has that much pressure returning to the carbs, i would think it would try to push back by the slides, not into the bowl.  

I'm just as confused. Both carbs act the same way so that's why I thinking it's connected to the stator being screwed up but is there anyway I can see if the floats are still good?

Pull them out and shake em. Listen/feel for liquid. Then dunk em and see if bubbles come out.

I'm wondering if the shindy kit was junk.