I need some info om a long rod crank

I needed a new crankshaft and found one at a friends place, it was there at his garage for some time but never used. He said it was a 4mm stroker short rod and i trusted that so i ordered a spacerplate because porting is not really an option in the netherlands,and if they can it is to expensive. After i receive the spacerplate i put my new topend together and when i turned the flywheel my piston rises 5mm above cilinder deck so the upper pistonring came out. So i guess this is a long rod crank. Ok so now i want to know what options i have with this crank because i can return it no problem and look for or a stock crank or 4mm shortrod. But is there some nice solution to make this work?

Thanks in advance

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Thanks, ok then the thicker spacerplate is maybe the best idea. I have had my cilinders done with new matching pistons, so if i buy the 795 pistons i have no use for these. So the following question. Return the stroker long rod and change for stroker short rod. Or make a 7mm plate? And keep the long rod

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

sander, 795 pistons arent mandatory. most people use them for convenience to offset the extra 5mm of the longer rod but you dont have to use them if you dont want. this is where having some experience is good ,so you can make all the pieces fit together. spacer plate can be made fairly easily with simple hand tools like jigsaw,dremel and drill. you could even do it with just a dremel if you were ambitious enough. knowing how thick of spacer to use can be tricky if your not familiar with engines. maybe your friend that sold you the crank can offer assistance since he local to you

• Like 1

Return it, get a hotrods long rod crank, wiseco 795 series Pistons, cometic spacer plate for the head gasket side and you can use ur stock head, there's many options but not sure how hard it is to get parts. I'm almost 100% that fast racing will ship u whatever you need

This might be a very stupid question - but - what happens to CCCR if you use spacer plate and long rods (stroker) with a short rod pistons?

​OP said that porting is not an option in Neatherlands. ...My guess is that the durations may be a little off with that setup.

​I´m just guessing here, so don´t take this too seriously.

I think I have a Wiseco 54/110 rod crank I don´t need. ;)

​...and if you can´t find anyone local to port your stock cylinders, I can do a mild hack-job to them if you like. I live in Finland(EU), so I´m basicly 2-3 shipping days away from you.

• Like 1