shave or get new domes?

I'm replacing the top and bottom of my banshee and I'm putting in a 4mill. Do I need to get new domes or can I just shave the stock? If I do shave it is there any risks that come with it? Is there any performance difference? If it's shaved is it more likely to break and have problems?

You can certainly take the stock head and have it machined to work. But it would be more then "shaving it". That means milling it which just takes material off the flat surface. That makes a smaller combustion chamber and lowers Squish so that won't be the solution. To work with a stroker crank with no spacer plate, you will actually need to have the head Rechambered. This is where they machine the actual combustion chambers for the stroke and possibly use different profile on the angles and dish.

That said. Most prefer domes in a cool head.

Mull Engineering can cut your stock head to work with your 4mil stroker.

Give Brandon a call.

http://www.mullengineering.com/sc/store.php/products/yamaha-banshee-yfz-rz-head-mod-billet-cut-modify-machine-squish-dome-plug-heat-race-drag-online-modify-modification

Here's my 350 stock stroke Mull Engineering pump gas head.

B3C46EAD-6BD8-45E4-9E91-060615E50BAC.jpg

Or call Driveline and have them modify your stock head to accept their domes cut to your builder's specs.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/177830-driveline-performance-stock-head-mod/?hl=driveline