Top end repair and compression check

I have a lot of smoke coming out of my right side exhaust like crazy. Hardly any at all like normal on the left side. I'm thinking oil is getting by the rings and it was dripping onto my right foot when I went for a quick ride. Question number one is what is my compression supposed to be? Set up is cylinders question number one is what is my compression supposed to be? Set up is cylinders ported and punched out .30 over, V force 4 reeds, Tors delete, cool head w/20cc domes, stock carbs. At sea level. So what is the proper way to do a compression check once the tester is on the bike? I heard that you kick it three times like normal and then that's it. also what is my compression supposed to be around. I have about 20 ride hours since my last top end rebuild. If it's just the one side that's bad and the other one is good I'm thinking about just putting rings on it and going to cheaper way out for now. Is that a bad idea? What size compression tester do I need? The one I saw at the auto store said it fits 14 and 18 mm so I'm wondering if that is for a stock cylinder banshee.

I picked up a cheap one at an auto store and it read 50 psi lower than a higher quality one.. be sure to get a quality tester for an accurate read.  For testing compression, I was told to keep the plug in on the opposite side you are testing, have the throttle wide open and kick hard until the needle stops moving. Repeat for the other side.

Crank seal would be my guess also.  Is it losing transmission oil?  Crank seal on the right side going would allow it to suck trans oil and smoke excessively on that side.

A high float level/leaking float needle can result in incomplete combustion, especially the oil in the mix, leading to spooge. Spooge is the technical name for unburned oil leaking from a 2s pipe.

As to repair, a Clymers Repair Manual covers it all. Flywheel puller is only tool you can't do without.

A Banshee is the easiest engine to split.

A stock engine at 120psi is real close to a rebuild.

Edited by Larry's Shee