decision on what build to go with

STRIBZ

Hey guys,

looking to finally take the motor out and tear it apart.

I will be replacing stock crank with a hot rods 4mm 115 long rod crank.

Now here is where i can't make up my dam mind......

Should i go with dune/play 4mm ported stock jugs?

421 serval?

421 assassin driveline jugs??  low port or high port idk whats better?

Could i get some pros/cons of each build?

I ride 95% dunes 5% trails

cheers in advance

Was thinking about 2k but if going 421 over 4mm stockers is defiantly worth the extra money i will beg the missus ahha..

Just playing around jumping/wheelies some hill climbing and sometime dragging with couple of family homo's and there 4 pokes :P 

Servals are good for playing around.they like a drag pipe, & probably bigger carbs.

Ported 4mm stockers still run great with stock carbs, up to Atleast 80hp. If I remember right, servals can make 80-90hp on premium fuel if fuel is a concern.

fuel is no concern, i can get 110 octane here in aus..

Might go with the 4mm stockers setup for now and get jeff at f.a.s.t to port it for me, then later on get the serval topend with cpi's and 35mm pwk's.

What should i expect performance wise going from stock with bolt on's to 4mm dune/play ported stock cyl setup with stock carbs and fmf fatties with 160psi compression?

High hp serval owner here. I hope you have the suspension, clutch and tires to handle the power like ZillaFreak said. A $2000 budget may not be enough for a serval especially if you don't have pipes and carbs. It's been a while since I priced all that stuff so I hope I'm not too far off saying $2k may not be enough for a serval. A stock ported 4mil seems more likely. I've had the most fun with my old ported 4mil stocker so far.

Yeh i have done some pricing over night and it will cost me about 5kish (aud) for a serval with cpi pipes and 35mm carbs aswell, thats without shipping  :( 

Will cost me about 2-2.5k for a 4mm stock cylinder from jeff, but as sleeper said my pipes are shit for what i want so going to cost extra..

i have elka sage 3 shocks front and rear lonestar a arms and +4 swinger all setup for my weight and riding style, also have a new heavy duty clutch kit still in packet waiting to be installed..

Will be getting shifting mods and pro mod done by jeff.

Or just get the driveline cylinders now, ride it then upgrade the pipes and carbs later.

low port timing or high port?? what would be better for me?