Motor build question

I am starting to price out and look at motor mod options. I am looking for some feedback!

Cool head- whats the difference from a stock head (milled)? What domes should I use for a stock bore motor at 5000'?

Carbs- at what point shoukd I look into bigger (34mm) carbs? Porting?

V-Force reeds and spacers, are they worth the money?

Does advacing my timing help with stock carbs and pipes?

Thanks in advance!,,

Just milling head doesn't improve chamber design. Mull Engineering does a nice redesign. Driveline can cut for replaceable domes. No clue for elevation, probably 20-21.

Carbs will come further into a build. Porting starts at about $350 and you'll have a fair amount of down time.

If you don't want to pop for VFs, get some Vito's or Boysen reeds.

Biggest bang for the buck is pipes at this point. Type of riding, how much you want to spend, and how much you want to build the will determine which pipe is best.

If you have the stock air filter, get rid of it. Get Pro-flo or pods, depending on use.

You can actually modify the stock stator plate and get about 4* advance, which is all you'll ever need except for extreme racing conditions.

• Like 1

You have to put a price on what you want to spend and the type of riding you do. Banshee mods are endless and can get expensive.

This^^^.

All depends on how much monies ya got to spend. You can go from mild to wild, basic "bolt on's" will do for a while until you get used to it then you'll want more power. It's as addicting as any drug

• Like 1

I just bought CPI small bore inframes. Going with reeds, brand TBD. Staying with the 28mm mikuni's for now, but, getting the K&N pods! I have the timing plate tool from a previous bike.

Cool head will come next!

Porting this winter....

I am getting stoked!

I appreciate all the advice!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...