New Alba front end alignment issues

travisg77

Just purchased a 2006 banshee this spring. Was pretty much all stock besides the pipes and reeds. Decided to start upgrading. Bought some new Douglas beadlock rims, Maxxis tires, and Alba +2 A-arms.

I installed the A-arms, rims, tires and everything went together pretty smoothly. My issue is when I went to do the front end alignment. First off the quad pulls to the left super hard. As soon as I let my hands off of the bars it darts straight left. I started off by using a stringline off of the rear tires for the alignment. I set the camber at a -1 and the toe-in at 1/16"-1/8". The problem that I'm finding is that there is about a 1" difference from  the right side front tires and the left side front tires in relationship to the rear tires. I have tried countless different measurements to try and figure out what is causing this. I even went ahead and bought a new Tusk extended axle in hopes that the stock axle was jacked up. I replaced the carrier bearings as well. I also replaced the stock handlebars thinking that they were bent possibly. So far nothing has helped. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'll try and attach some pictures to help show what is going on..... 

Thanks in advance.

post-51046-0-89554000-1464709642.jpg

post-51046-0-97007900-1464709647.jpg

Yea I just don't know what else to go off of besides the rear tires. I would hope the axle isn't bent. It's brand new. I suppose the swingarm could be. Maybe I'll just have to buy a new swingarm and see if that helps it any. I'm at a lose...

If you are that far off, take a measurement from the frame to center point of each ball joint. Compare side to side. See if everything matches up. As just for shits and giggles are all your rims on the right way? If you have one rim flipped it will throw everything off

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the rims are on the right way. They are Douglas beadlocks. All of the valve stems are on the outside. I'll try and get some measurements tonight of the ball joints. It's kind of tough trying to get an exact measurement from the center of the frame though. Here are a couple of pictures of the front A-arms. Maybe I've got them on wrong possibly.

post-51046-0-83429400-1464788123.jpg

post-51046-0-60504400-1464788129.jpg

Ive have those same arms for a few years now, everything has been fine for alignment anyway. 

Need me to shoot you some measurements off mine to compare? Or did you figure it out?
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/savage_420/Newrippin2014/20140615_125819_zps4e36084c.jpg

What shocks and length are you using anyway? 

Did you check this out yet?  http://teamalbaracing.com/files/pdf-installation/ATV/atv-a-arms.pdf

Savage, I'm still trying to figure it out. I do have those Alba instructions and tried following them. The arms went on really easy with no real issues. Right now I just have the stock shocks on it. I planned on getting some LT shocks but I decided to wait until I get this alignment figured out. Yeah if you have some measurements or anything that might help that would be great...

I'll check my alignment tomorrow Travis.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk