JL engineering Integrated LED bumper, battery/rec and stator float.

Sheedawg28

I purchased the whole deal off of JL engineering to convert my bike over from AC power to DC. This kit is super simple to install especially since I sent him my stator to have floated which removing that would be the hardest part of the whole deal which if anyone have put in a ignition timing plate this whole thing will be cake. I liked this kit becuase of how little the battery and the reg/rectifier is and it mounts in the gap between your seat and gas tank so it doesn't take up space anywhere else like the other kits nor does it use a heavy ass battery. Overall I love this kit and is one of the best mods I've done I'd recommend it to anyone that rides at night. The kit works just as it's intended to. My lights no longer flicker while my bike is idling I can turn my lights on without having to turn the bike on which is useful at times.

Here's how easy it is to plug in: Unplug the yellow w/red stripe wire and the ground wire like so

F7BC21BF-8C6D-4685-9384-DC975E4B5205.jpg

Your going to plug in the red and black cable to those..the red power wire to the yellow w/red stripe and the black to the black wire for ground. D25C6B21-5EAF-4969-9A52-78964DB0D7B1.jpg

You'll have two other wires off that same harness that are a solid yellow and a solid black and that's where you'll plug in your two wires from the reg/rec and it doesn't matter which one goes were as long as they're plugged in. Now all you have to do is remove your stock reg/rec from the tail and your done.

90064B61-414F-4D68-991C-B51AA05820EE.jpg

Here's the finished product:

CFE3B7FD-F6A1-4D74-A3F5-F923BE60A339.jpg

CCDE3CDA-F5DC-4A06-A6C4-96330D224D45.jpg

As you can see by this picture your visibility will be greatly increased and it'll look like this all the time of you've converted over to DC and run his kit:

3B685BEB-D4C9-4E37-BDED-7BA3B5690C18.jpg

He's also provided a DIY on his website if you decide to float the ground on your stator yourself on his website, here's the link: http://www.jlengineering.org/banshee-stator-dc-convers.html

• Like 1

Prices are.. $170 for the battery, $149 for the front bumper and $35 for the stator mod which includes return shipping. He's got a package deal going on right now where you can get all that including the rear grab bar with the integrated brake light which I also have that's legit and get rid of some weight and bulk of the stock tail light for $399 on everything, but I don't know for how long that deal is.

2134082C-A5F8-4CD5-B024-054D6A513444.jpg

Edited by Sheedawg28

I was referring to the price of the bumper with the led. 

He has the bumper up on eBay for $149 plus shipping, the battery, regulator/rectifier and mount is on Facebook and it is $170 for everything the battery, 200w regulator/rectifier and gas tank style mount.

Yep, Johnny did good here.

I am now going to be representing and selling JL products.

I have started with the grab bar.  I will be posting everything soon, just need time.

I will also be going with this DC kit.

http://www.jdscustoms.com/product-category/atv/jl-engineering-products/

I was referring to the price of the bumper with the led.

I posted the price for the front bumper in the reply where I posted the picture of the rear grab bar. Since I had posted a posture of that and didn't include the price of that I added it right after since it didn't let me edit it and add it in there. But as maxpower said its 149 plus shipping.

• 1 month later...