New Banshee owner, Need tech info.

slater

Hey guys, New banshee owner here. Have wanted one forever.

Ill start of with typical ride conditions and then get to the point. I live in the hills of WV and I ride through hilly trails with very little open fields, occasionally will rip it in the 5 acr lot we have but prefer to ride through the woods.

Its seems to be set up for this type of riding (but I know little at this point), the previous owner rode basically the same territory.

Current engine mods are,

Bored out 30, Heads shaved 14 (from what previous owner told me, I have yet to open it.)

Pipes are Toomey , T5

V-force 4, 2 into 1 with 36mm Keihin carb. (has stock airbox with top cut open.) My elevation is 755ft above sea level. What jets should I put in it when I rebuild?

40 gear rear sprocket and stock 14 front sprocket.

I have added a Oversized radiator so far because the original was in bad shape.

Fires first kick cold every time and runs smooth without any problems on 93 octane and I run benol in it.

I realize that the bike has very little topend. I think I am ok with that. I rarely get above 50mph on the trails but love going from 0-50 in a split second.

Ok guys, unload and tell me if this bike is setup right for this type of riding. Thanks in advance for your help. It doesnt seem to lack any power and as far as climbing hills. it seems to kick ass.

NOTE: I got this bike running for $1000 and I actually really like the 2 into 1 so dont try to talk me into dual carbs. lol

Thanks for any help in advance.

What jets are in it now?  With that gearing, you should be touching upper 60s with 18s and low-mid 70s with 20s. 

I've been on a few bikes with a 2-1 setup and they're fine until you start trying to make big numbers.

• Like 1

TBH nothing makes me think it needs different. It probably is running the perfect jets. But I would like to be sure thats all. :-D

Other than that, do they need changed after age?

Also, I have measured the (engine side) of the carb and it is 36mm, but I am unsure if that is the correct carb sizing, It needs a new cap and a 90 degree throttle cable adjuster and nuts, But dont want to order the wrong cap. are the caps for the Keihins different sizes? or universal among a certain amount of sizes.

Thanks again.

Edited by slater

TBH nothing makes me think it needs different. It probably is running the perfect jets. But I would like to be sure thats all. :-D

Other than that, do they need changed after age?

http://www.dfn.com/agservices/jetfaq.html

And more here:

http://www.bansheehq.com/technical-information/

If you want to get back to that page and don't want to have to come back to this thread to remember where it is, just come to the BHQ homepage and click on BHQ Tech Info along the top banner.

Awesome, thanks much man, 

Also, the carb is a 35mm not 36mm, after measuring the whole thing and comparing it to the numbers at http://www.keihin-na.com/aftermarket/pwk/I found that it is def the 35 since the 36 has a thicker casing it seems by a few mm.

Yea 35 PWK is a pretty common used carb, most 2 into 1s either graydon or trinity usually use them that ive seen.

i also ride in WV, if your in pretty technical stuff the 2 into 1 should be pretty good for that, matter of opinion to a point i personally dont care for them but that doesnt mean they suck, 28 pwks are another popular combo that are awesome for different types of riding including trails.

Yea 35 PWK is a pretty common used carb, most 2 into 1s either graydon or trinity usually use them that ive seen.

i also ride in WV, if your in pretty technical stuff the 2 into 1 should be pretty good for that, matter of opinion to a point i personally dont care for them but that doesnt mean they suck, 28 pwks are another popular combo that are awesome for different types of riding including trails.

Thanks for the advice man, ya its the trinity 2 into 1. 

NOTE: found the JET sizes ,

Main Jet: 190 

Pilot Jet: 48

How does that sound to a seasoned pro for my setup?

Going to wait till tomorrow to order new jets, the Pilot is messed up on top from someone doing a bad job on install I guess. Still doing some reading on jetting.. Any recommendations on jetting ATVridinMaNiAc?

Thanks again guys, very helpful stuff.

Edited by slater