My 421 cub build

Hey what's up guys. I have a few questions an concerns I'd like to get covered.

I bought a complete 421 cub motor a couple weeks ago an need some advice on what i should run on it. My bike is a complete stock 06 banshee as pictured.

Here is my mod list to what I will be getting:

-35 keihin pwk

-billet intakes

-vforce3 reeds

-shears or cpi inframes haven't decided yet

-k&n pods/outerwear

+4 timing

-vp110 race gas

As for the transmission, it's still a stock 6speed. Probably won't shift for shit I'm guessing when it's all said an done. I'm ordering a new heavy duty basket and springs and clutches for the bike, but in the back of my mind I know it still won't hold the horsepower on aiming for. I occasionally drag race but the bike is going to be used for very wide open trails. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is a clean up port or a drag port. The guy I bought the motor from said it was ported by Redline.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160405/0197715c177d79

87c4a9f26eece4dc5f.jpg

0f601aa99e861753c0521889d00e902a.jpg

21e54549f0635ced7181bf412ce48afd.jpg

My 06

e744c2e51d7e1545a493f393714c66b9.jpg

Sent from my 0PAJ5 using Tapatalk

If going new with a bunch of the parts you listed you may want to change some things....

Go with vforce4 instead of 3's

Sniper pipes would be a better choice for pipes

Lockup and pro mod trans from redline.

If gas mileage isn't a issue you may wanna go with some bigger carbs which will need bigger intakes. Talk to cam about it when you get the promod transmission and or lockup. If you can swing the higher price of 110 fuel the cub will make more power vs pump but you need to see what your current dome setup requires or just get new race gas domes

• Like 1

Okay, yes I've heard of sniper pipes. I really wasn't for sure which way to go for pipes yet. I have 19cc domes in it now. Do you think I will be okay with just a lock up and a better clutch for right now? I do not drag race all the time just play around in the trails but they are very open trails. I can't seem to find VF3 at the moment so I might go with the 4s. I'm definitely running VP 110 mixed with klotz at about 40:1. Would that be too lean or should I stay at 32 to 1

Okay, yes I've heard of sniper pipes. I really wasn't for sure which way to go for pipes yet. I have 19cc domes in it now. Do you think I will be okay with just a lock up and a better clutch for right now? I do not drag race all the time just play around in the trails but they are very open trails. I can't seem to find VF3 at the moment so I might go with the 4s. I'm definitely running VP 110 mixed with klotz at about 40:1. Would that be too lean or should I stay at 32 to 1

Sniper pipes has been tested on that type of motor and was the best one. Made most hp/trq and came up the face of the curve very well. They will be perfect for trails especially wide open ones. The force4 has been proven as well so go with the 4's. And forget about the 3's. 40:1 is perfect for mix with klotz since klotz is a good oil. What's the current pipes that you have on there?

I have stock pipes on it now. I bought the bike brand new in 06 and haven't done a thing to it besides run the piss out of it. I bought a complete motor so all this is going to be new for me. I'm going to need everything that revolves around a 421 like pipes, carbs.

That bottom end needs to come apart.

I don't know why someone would slam that on a stock bottom end, but there is a few things that need to be addressed before you install it.

I would also do it to.check that crank. For someone to do all that and use a stock basket, and looks like 3 stock springs and 3 hd, I'd be tearing it down to really inspect that thing.

Also that RTV is glob bed on there pretty good. Probably in the crank and bearings.

Where are you located?

That bottom end needs to come apart.

I don't know why someone would slam that on a stock bottom end, but there is a few things that need to be addressed before you install it.

I would also do it to.check that crank. For someone to do all that and use a stock basket, and looks like 3 stock springs and 3 hd, I'd be tearing it down to really inspect that thing.

Where are you located?

I'm located in northern Virginia

I'm located in northern Virginia

Well lucky for you, there's a guy here that's in Virginia. He does great work. Also has a dyno and will set it up right.

Surfrjag on here is around that area I believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Well lucky for you, there's a guy here that's in Virginia. He does great work. Also has a dyno and will set it up right.

Surfrjag on here is around that area I believe

I'm really not familiar with any Builders around here as in this is my first Stroker motor. Do you know what his name is by any chance? There really isn't a true 6-speed cub that can handle the power. Transmission wise? Instead of getting an override

I'm really not familiar with any Builders around here as in this is my first Stroker motor. Do you know what his name is by any chance? There really isn't a true 6-speed cub that can handle the power. Transmission wise? Instead of getting an override

A stock trans is fine. Just needs some love. People have ran completely stock trans no issue. But that basket needs to go. That is a huge weak point.

His name is Justin.