1993 banshee jetting help

To be honest I'm really just having a hell of a time jetting and getting it right and me not being entirely mechanically inclined I have my limits. I have so much money and emotions tied into it over the last 3 months I don't have the slightest clue if I'm doing things right or where to go from here

Yeah it will run, but like shit. I did it once, had my pods off and was syncing carbs and it wouldnt idle on its own or rev out. The slides started freezing. It was a duh moment for sure. There's been guys post on here with stupidly small mains and come to find out somebody tuned it with the slides backwards

You should need more than 260 mains with pipes and pods. Im around 500 feet, my wifes bike is basically like yours, stock port, pipes and pods, I got 310 mains and 27.5 pilots. It did not like 30 pilots it wouldnt even idle with the 30's. It runs good, probably a little rich up top, a buddy has the same set up as well with 27.5 and 300.

Are your float bowls correct, choke tube on? Might be time to check out electrical

I pulled out the plugs and they seem to be a coffeeish brown to tan a tad bit wet. It has been test ran two times first one 260 with stock pilot and second was 260 with 30 pilots. I took it out today 40 degrees or so started it. it almost goes and ot dies so I gave it a little throttle let it warm up a min and took it around the block. First gear was a little boggy and it wanted to die in first unless I had a little throttle.anything above that it ran hard and reved out completely to the best of my knowledge. As I stated I am no mechanic but the guy I've had working on it seems to think is is running rich not lean. He says we are close but I don't want to risk blowing it up everyone keeps telling me it is lean and mains need bigger I hope this specifies my situation a little better.

My guy is going to be here Wednesday to check the air screw adjustments and see if they make a difference .(don't trust myself) and no fmf told me starting point" 260 main 30 pilot needle clip on third space down 1 1/2 turns out so I never tried 27.5. I also had a 270 in preparation to go up a size in main I didn't figure it would be around 300 main I would need.

I have seen the FMF jetting chart your talking about, not sure but I think it only accounts for stock airbox with lid or snorkel removed. It don't account for pods. It's reccomended to usually go up 2 sizes or so on your mains just for pods. Sounds like right now your issues are off idle or pilot/needle transition though

• Like 1