Engine builders

JAYBOY01

I will be mostly riding desert and maybe once or twice a year dunes. I want a mid to topend bike. I live in California.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

so I would pass on duncan. I don't know about tdr.

But there's plenty of sponsors here that can get you straightened out.

I'd go with a site sponsor.  I've never seen a bike that was stupid fast and found out that it was built by Duncan. 

LED is probably the only super popular name that I'd go with.  Fwiw, I had Redline Racing do mine.

Why pass on Duncan? I thought they were pretty reputable.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Duncan doesn't build fast bikes. Also there not up to date on the newer 2 stroke stuff. They kept up with the mx scene and transitioned to 4 strokes.

When I spoke to duncan not to long ago, he seemed to not believe that people are getting 80hp and 50ft/lbs tq out of stock cylinders.

There are other builders doing crazy things with these bikes. If you want a dune bike, talk to dune riders and see who they go with. Duncan is more mx oriented. So they use low power low rpm tq. Great for the track and technical stuff. Will not be fun in the dunes.

• Like 1

Tony Doukas is decent. I buy part from him, but never had a motor built or machined there though.

Duncan was a big name when banshees were still kind of in the main stream for TT/enduros, likes peak, and desert racing, however IMO they are not keeping up to date with what other guys are doing. Rightfully so, they have moved on to support the four strokes as they are the dominant force in sanctioned racing.

Look in to the site sponsor list and start making calls. See who gets you feeling all warm and fuzzy.

• Like 1