FInal Update to running rich and running poor after shop rebuild

Short story, sold a house moved so paid a shop put my top end back on and fix me up to get me running the rest of the year...was a huge fail, no power lost spark etc.

Over winter and with some help of banshee owners I got it all re-fixed since I had a garage and a shop again.

What I needed:

New coil & drag harness (fixed spark)

Re jetted (was too fat) 27.5 pilot and 280 main

Reeds (why a shop thought it was ok to use reeds you could see thru....)

Rebuilt my rebuild carbs (never used double gaskets on bowls....)

New crank case oil and clutch cover gasket (shop did something and it just leaked)

New water pump seal that sealed this time (shop did something and it just leaked)

New plugs (the proper ones)

New engine ice

Mull engineering head mods for pump gas ( while I was in there why not)

New clear fuel line routings and brass fuel filter (stock lines were hook)

Installed overflow and vent hoses on carbs (shop never did it)

Installed choke connection tube (shop used something so sloppy it was about ready to fall off)

Rubber mounted my pipes again (shop stole that shit)

Put all new quick clips on my wheel hubs nuts (shop stole them)

Redid front nose hardware (no clue what happened to my 1st hardware)

Went to a 12T front sprocket for woods

Put in another chain slider (shop stole that too I guess)

So after a cold winter rebuilding 3 machines things I kicked over Saturday....It's night as day difference.  My KFX700 ate the banshee before...now the banshee lives up to it's hype which is why I got it. 

I am sure It could have more power but for the hills and woods I think it will be just fine....before I could not even power slide the bike with mud lites.  I knew something was wrong.

Now I can power slide with the flick of a wrist...so much its turned into spinning out into a 360 at times.

Was it hard...nope.  It took hours each night just messing with stuff and ignoring my wife.  But now we can ride together in the hills all summer.

Thanks for everyone's help. 

• Like 2

JRs cycle shop in Ephrata PA...Owner moved to Florida is all I know...Mechanic, I have a feeling he's still in the area.  I went there because I saw tons of bikes, atvs, street bikes and banshees there....and it was 3 miles up the road from me.  Shop even had its own race team so I figured it would be legit...BURN!