headlight wiring

Im wondering if anyone has ever ran a battery on their shee specifically to run the headlights?

I didnt really want to mess with the stator for charging. I was thinking more like leave it hooked to my battery tender for charging when not in use. What would be the best way to go about running the headlights on their own circuit?

I want to use stock headlights, maybe led bulbs or something brighter. Anything is better than stock where you can only see when you have it WFO! Its just a trail quad, and the lights would be used just to get me back to my truck after a full day of riding. So the lights would have to last a minimum of 2hrs.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!

I use a 18v lithium ion Makita battery plugged into an old gutted out charger with LED lights on my Trike Choppa, has lasted very well, and I always have a back-up since it's the same one for my tools.

12028846_966965013342333_568503006294582

If I were you I'd add a battery and light (maybe a 6" bar) to the Banshee, and leave the factory ones too.

Maybe try new lenses for your factory lights. While not the best, I've never thought they were THAT bad.

I use a 18v lithium ion Makita battery plugged into an old gutted out charger with LED lights on my Trike Choppa, has lasted very well, and I always have a back-up since it's the same one for my tools.

12028846_966965013342333_568503006294582

If I were you I'd add a battery and light (maybe a 6" bar) to the Banshee, and leave the factory ones too.

Maybe try new lenses for your factory lights. While not the best, I've never thought they were THAT bad.

The stock lights arent bad for what im doing, just the way that if im not WFO they are too dim to see.

I was thinking along the same lines of what you did. Only i was going to use like a rechargeable r/c truck pack. But i just dont know how long it would last.

My second thought, was a motorcycle battery. But would it last being drained and recharged several times?