Cryo and coatings

tfaith08

I have a hard time believing that going to out run anyone on a dirtbike that is even close to a decent B class rider

I'll never beat a bike in the corners on a rutted track no matter how much power I make.  I need to be able to outrun them on the straights and on groomed tracks.  I'm losing ground in corner exits and straights.

If u want a race mtr have a builder do it all and dyno it. Redline does different race mtrs for different types of racing. Not many builders do wat he does

I didn't know that.  That puts him back at the top of the list for me.  I have access to a dyno and a full shop to do the build, so it'll come down to the quote he gives me.  As it was, I was looking at a $600-$650 price difference with me doing the labor, case porting, and shipping both ways.  I'll see what he has to say.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/178758-redline-421-race-gas-serval/

That's the build that I'm copying. Not necessarily a number but a power curve. I need enough power no matter where I find myself on the track. I've found that there are a few tracks around here that you need some big, big power for. I also want enough power to outrun most dirt bikes since I often have to share a track with them on practice days.

I'm so glad you chimed in, idk what I was thinking.

I'm building it very specifically to race in AMA Junior (25+) 201cc-open ATV MX and outpower everything that is likely to pop up. I'm currently going through a set of 18" MXR6 Holeshot rears every 1-3 months depending on the track we go to. I've got a stack of 4 more after this set goes, so my tire plan does not match my expectations in longevity that I expect from my engine. Idk where you'd get such an erroneous thought.

Erroneous.... Teuchè. Try not to use big words like that. You'll melt greens chin brain.

Most mx guys want the complete opposite of what your trying to do , try n pick ddq brain , nasty racing, both like motors you can control wide open. I've built n wridden many diffrent motor combos I don't think you'll be able to use that serval the way u want

I agree that motor you posted the gragh of your gonna have a super hard time on a stock swingarm using all that power on a track setting yourself up for jumps and turns etc. Imo.

Hope it works but I sure could not imagine it working very well.

Good luck thou in any build you do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I'm not jumping straight to that setup.  I'm doing the engine first and then changing pipes and carbs if I need more.  I think I'll be sitting on around 70hp with T5s and stock carbs with that engine.  I may try SLPs, but I don't think I'll have enough overrev.  Then again, 3 back-to-back posts that disagree with what I'm planning is a red flag.  I may divert to a ported 4mil stock cyl on race gas. 

Idc what engine I have to build.  When I say go, it needs to go without question.  A gear high, up a hill, idgaf. That's my intent.

Also, I'm on a -1 swingarm.

I'll be running race gas but I'm undecided on which.  May run oxygenated, may not.  I'll have to call all the tracks we race at and see if they have any limitations.  Either way, I'll be on race gas of some sort but it'll probably end up being VP110 or C12.