Ice racing setup

zillakilla02

Hey guys so I'm going to be ice racing for the first time this winter if it ever gets cold enough to make any ice and I've got some questions on setup. I've searched alot and read alot of good stuff so forgive me if this has been said before but I'm wondering about the front setup I've got. The shocks are really soft and when I bang the throttle the front suspension travels pretty far up. I compressed the springs as far as I could and that helped but it still is quote a bit of lift. Also the rear shock is really soft and rebounds really slow... is that good or bad for ice racing? Same with the front end lift is that good or bad for getting traction on ice? I've read that you want a good even weight transfer but I don't know if I'm setup completely wrong or not. Not sure what brand shocks they are I think works but I believe they are shorter than stock and the springs are pretty damn soft. Has a sway bar also. This bike was built for ice racing I just got it and plan to give it a shot but the guy I got it from didn't really know much about the bike. Sorry it's not a banshee but any help is much appreciated. And I'm a newb to ice racing and flat track so forgive me for sounding like a tard. ab172ed97717ced88ed41514123aefe4.jpgc8f7d411fb91cebd55d77d75831d11cb.jpg

Get with Carl on the other forum. He races the same bike and does well.

Fuck do I ever like that bike!

Shit that's right ok I'll go try to get ahold of him thanks for the reminder! Dude I am in love with this little 250! It is a blast to ride it's not a drag bike but it pulls pretty decent and is really fun to rip down the roads in my neighborhood luckily I have cool neighbors haha