Chariot Cool Heads?

JordyRoo

chariot heads are great,  i also dont like how tight they fit.  i used a drill bit that just barely fit the hole and kinda reamed them out on the ones i have installed.  dont use a drill i just run them through by hand.  then they slip down nicely.  if your cylindrs studs are tweaked that can be a problem also.   unlike some other products.  if there is a design flaw chariot has always been quick to fix the issue and make an update.   jerry is great to deal with ! 

having the head fit nicely on the cylinder with no movement aint a bad thing. the chamber can then be machined nearly the same as the bore diam. with a bunch of slop like stockers (and maybe some aftermarket heads) the chamber diam has to be a fair bit larger than the bore to account for any slop so you dont get any material protruding into the bore. the down side of this is you create a void behind the piston. this may be the reason chariot tries to keep the holes nearly the same as the studs. just a guess

• 2 weeks later...

funny you would mention that.  while back i had a stock head and was seeing issues after a bore of possibly hitting the dome.  i bolted the head to the cylinder and the hole was WAY off.  i ended up machining the dia larger centric to the spark plug hole.  what a mess.