New here and need some info

Craig B

I have been out of Banshees for quite some time. I had a new one in 1997 with T5 pipes and the normal bolt on's say around 48 hp or so. I am on the hunt [at 46 Lol] and have been looking for a used Shee. What's the hot set-up for a 70 hp stock jug on pump gas? Is that possible? Who's porting and pipes? Shearer, Cpi or?? Looking to do inframe pipes, a little higher Comp, good port job that works well with the pipes. 2 or 1 carb better? Not apposed to running C12 if that makes it way easier. Thanks for any info. Craig

Reputable engine builder can get you 70-80HP pretty easily on stock cylinders. 4mm crank, port work, head/domes, dual carbs 28's or 35's depending what you ride, reeds, and don't forget to get the trans done as well. Pipes, there's a multitude of pipes out there that support 80+ HP motors. It's gonna depend on your riding.

Reputable engine builder can get you 70-80HP pretty easily on stock cylinders. 4mm crank, port work, head/domes, dual carbs 28's or 35's depending what you ride, reeds, and don't forget to get the trans done as well. Pipes, there's a multitude of pipes out there that support 80+ HP motors. It's gonna depend on your riding.

Thanks for the reply. What is need to be done on the trans? How much power can the stock gears take? Mostly riding sand/gravel pits and drag racing other quads/bikes . No hill climbing at all.

Those are two completely different things, the pro mod has to do with the trans and not so much the clutch. You could potentially use either or both. Regular drive gears will be sufficient. A lock up clutch setup would be ideal.

Gotcha. I had the Slingshot lockup on my ATC 250r Arlen built for me. Worked well.