Urgent Help Needed Guys....!

too_slick4u

My friend and i recently finished modifying his 03 Shee. We have a toomey t6 exhaust system, 35mm Keihin Carbs, Trinity Satge 4 Head w/20cc Domes, DynaTek ignition, Vortex Reed Valves, jetted 160 at sea level. I kind of argued with him over the jetting, but he insisted because the carbs came pre-jetted from the dealer. Plus, we also have a timing plate but not yet installed because he heard somewhere that installing an ignition unit forfeits the timing plate. After running the shee for the first time, we noticed that it was choking a bit between low to mid range. Could it be jetting related?? ..Could this be right and is true about the ignition and timing plate matter???? I really need your help guys, because we have to race another Shee next for $500. I really don't wanna lose my money :unsure: plus i'd love for my friend's Shee to be in optimum condition...Thanking you in advance and God bless.....

The toomey exhaust will have a little bottom end power, but you might be able to help that w/ the jetting a little. Try different needle heights and adjust the air screws and let us know where air screws like to be at so we can help you further....also the larger carbs might hurt your performance w/o porting....