Extended swing arm +8 or +10

jdracer

I just took the banshee I bought to Dumont for the first time. It already has a +6 but doing a little racing on Competition I could not keep the front down. Every gear or just fanning the clutch it came right up.

I was wondering how much difference the +8 would make or just get a +10.

Also not sure the downfalls of going that long.

Any advice is appreciated.

I'm not sure how ported it is.

It's a old school Dunken (JD racing)

Bike but nobody seems to recognize it to know how built it is.

It's not a stroker but it feels damn close. It does have to run straight race fuel.

It has the old cut toomey t3 pipes with i think the cpi silencers.

I guess I'll be selling the +6 and looking for a +10 so I don't have to keep tinkering with it. 

Thanks for all the help. Wish I had more info on the bike but I bought it from the son after his father had passed away so he didn't know much and Jim Dunken of JD Racing didn't recognize who's bike it was.

If you want to make that bike run even better, ditch the t3s.  I've ridden cut and non cut t3s, and there are bunches of pipes that will run better.  My wifes bike came with uncut t3s, and switched them over to t5s (I had them laying around) and it was night and day difference.  My.02

Was the silencer and baffle cut or just the silencer pipe?

I know the newest Toomeys went back and used this original Dunken design but I'm not sure what differences it made.

I know cutting was supposed to make the powerband hit harder which alot of people dislike.

I just took the banshee I bought to Dumont for the first time. It already has a +6 but doing a little racing on Competition I could not keep the front down. Every gear or just fanning the clutch it came right up.

I was wondering how much difference the +8 would make or just get a +10.

Also not sure the downfalls of going that long.

Any advice is appreciated.

What paddles were you using & how many?

I say clutch work and +6-8 if you're into tinkering.

X2, we had a 7mm Cub 443cc we ran at Dumont & Glamis. We used a +8 arm, it carried the wheels no higher than 10" from launch & thru the gears. We had a good amount of clutch work done. This was done with 12 paddle extremes & 14 paddle haulers.