Lt250r help

broke400

Got a freind with an 86 250 r ran pretty good til a piston broke a skirt he took it to a shop and they did a bore and put a new wisco piston and rings now the prob when it blew it had 240 main in carb now it falls on its face with any more then a 200 it will idle great put around no prob but soon as u hit powerband bogs out did a plug chop with 190 and it looked pretty good but bike doest have the power it should and bike has no air box and fmf pipes and that jet should b lean as hell any thoughts he has replaced stator coil cdi also havent hd a chance to do compression on it but feels good and starts up 1 to 2 kicks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out suzukiquadracerhq for help, tons of Suzuki quadracer info there. This here site is for Banshees.

We also have a general off topic section where fellas post about their other rides. Lots of knowledgable fellas here who have owned many different toys and/or have plenty of two stroke experience.

Ya i know thats what i have just checking to c if anybody has came across this type of prob but i will check out the other site thanks

Why were you guys putting smaller jets in it? It's getting cooler, and it was bored so displacement was increased. If anything it needed more fuel. What gaskets were used to assemble it and What thickness? What fuel? Was the carb cleaned? Is the spark plug wet? How is the electrical?

Not sure on gaskets but fuel is vp 110 at 32.1 electric looks shady he just dropt it off it pulls good with a 190 but with 200 or up just flat dies plug was wet but it had a bad needle and seat so thats fixed now plug is dry .i really dont like the reed set up look so restricted and dont have any seat time on a 250 but it seems way slow

If that^ is the case, get some premium and ditch that race gas. Jet it back up and see what happens. Race gas is intended for motors setup to run it. If you just chuck race gas in a regular old motor, it won't light it properly causing a loss in performance very similar to what you described.