Oil mix?

Gunner18

Find any good synthetic oil and mix it to the ratio the shee was jetted at.

If you dont know, then mix it at 40:1 and you will be good to go.

40:1 mean 0,025% (1/40) of oil, so the only thing you have to do, is to multiply the quantity of gaz by 0,025 and it will give you the quantity of oil to had.

Find any good synthetic oil and mix it to the ratio the shee was jetted at.

If you dont know, then mix it at 40:1 and you will be good to go.

40:1 mean 0,025% (1/40) of oil, so the only thing you have to do, is to multiply the quantity of gaz by 0,025 and it will give you the quantity of oil to had.

If you don't know, read your plugs. Just guessing 40:1 is good to go will blow a motor.

If you don't know, read your plugs. Just guessing 40:1 is good to go will blow a motor.

I dont agree.

If he's asking about mixing ratio and oil, i dont think he can read a plug.

Even if he know how to read a plug, knowing that his plugs are lean or fat will not help him if he dont know his mixing ratio.

That's why i suggested 40:1 with synt oil. Less oil = more fuel, engine run cooler and the syn oil will take care of rest.

So, maybe the ts can give us some more info? Did you know at wich oil ratio your shee was ? Do you know how to read a plug?

Sorry for my bad english, i'm a french Cannuck!

I dont agree.

If he's asking about mixing ratio and oil, i dont think he can read a plug.

Even if he know how to read a plug, knowing that his plugs are lean or fat will not help him if he dont know his mixing ratio.

That's why i suggested 40:1 with synt oil. Less oil = more fuel, engine run cooler and the syn oil will take care of rest.

So, maybe the ts can give us some more info? Did you know at wich oil ratio your shee was ? Do you know how to read a plug?

Sorry for my bad english, i'm a french Cannuck!

I had no clue what was run in mine. This is what I did. I didn't give a shit what mix the oil was at. I ran up the main to a 340. Mixed at 32:1 then worked my way down. Obviously 340 is was too much. Not knowing what mix or jetting is the thought process behind that. Took it down a main size at a time till I had a 2.5mm brown ring and been beating on it ever since.

Also did a leak down and boiled carbs before anything.

Ok thanks for people trying to help but I've grown up in a 4 stroke family. I've never had to mixed fuel in my life. I just bought a banshee that has been sitting for time it's pulled apart I'm cleaning the carbs at the moment I've drained gas the was just put in it from when I bought it but I wanted to blow out a the lines. I have the clymer manual and it says r30 castrol 21:1 or yamalube 4 24:1 but I here different from everyone so I was just asking. The bike has a boost bottle and MIC carbs but idk if there stock or not idk the jetting as of right now I'm try to learn how to jet on my own. Jesus don't comment unless you're gonna help me out dumbasses

There's this thing called Google. It's going to be your new BFF. People will continue to haze unless your willing to do some work on your own. There a several threads pretty much about everything you'll need to do. Look first on your own, then ask if your can't find the specs you're looking for. Now dust off your cooter and start learning. FYI I run castor super M 36:1.

Edited by Dunatic619

Ok thanks for people trying to help but I've grown up in a 4 stroke family. I've never had to mixed fuel in my life. I just bought a banshee that has been sitting for time it's pulled apart I'm cleaning the carbs at the moment I've drained gas the was just put in it from when I bought it but I wanted to blow out a the lines. I have the clymer manual and it says r30 castrol 21:1 or yamalube 4 24:1 but I here different from everyone so I was just asking. The bike has a boost bottle and MIC carbs but idk if there stock or not idk the jetting as of right now I'm try to learn how to jet on my own. Jesus don't comment unless you're gonna help me out dumbasses

List your jetting. Mains and pilots and all mods. Pipes? Filters? Reeds? Porting? Everything you know about it.

Not sure of the jetting how can I check I have the main jets and everything sitting out of the carbs. It's got a moose racing boost bottle, Tommy t5 pipes. I'm not sure on how to tell the rest. Never had to deal with this. The left pipe was blowing think white smoke and oil and the left carb which is the choke carb was dumping gas out the overflow lines and covered the whole left side of the engine in grime