"The Reaper" build is beginning!

6point6

So since I've decided that I've taken a CR500 about as far as one can go, i have decided its time to build one of the machines I could never touch with even my best running 500, the banshee.....a local friend of mine has offered to sell me his collection of banshee stuff, which includes a complete machine and a couple of chassis for a really good price. Me being me I can't leave anything stock so the plan is as follows:

10mil crank with TZ bearing

521 super cub top end

Redline super cub head

Straight cut gears with a billet 2nd gear

Lockup clutch

Shearer big bore inframes

39mm PWK's

This bike will be strictly for dunes and I feel like I've got a pretty good recipe for a serious dune killer. What do the experts think? Chassis setup is taken care of already but I'm going to wait awhile before I say what's up my sleeve on that or post pictures. Haha

learned along time ago that just when you think ya done everything possible to a engine, theres about 10 more things ya havent tried yet B)

That's the downside to being a gearhead aint it? haha

honestly your CR500 running up that dune with a knobby looked it would get walked past by a CR125 running a paddle tire, you sure as hell arent gonna beat a paddle tired 250 while running a knobby in the sand...

I watched several paddled 250's not even make it close the top over the weekend.....so no, A paddled 250 isn't going to touch it, besides, I have a paddle on now anyway i just didn't have anyone to take a video for me this weekend. But that's totally irrelevant to this thread. Edited by 6point6
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Time for an update I guess, plans have changed a little over the last couple months so I'll start here.

I picked this one up for my wife a few weeks back, its a 421 cub cylinder with a cool head and T5's, it runs quite well and should be a lot of fun for her to ride next summer

f5114ee1e09e8d699dc2656b53fd48bf.jpg

b40878fcafbf07d730ded24d65a940d4.jpg

d40041119d82007a99c2ebb438fd7c59.jpg

The engine in the middle one is getting donated to the far left one which is the one I'm building, engine is already torn down to the bare cases getting ready to be shipped off for trenching and having a 10mil crank fitted. I've decided to run the maxload bearings instead of TZ's also, a 521 is still the plan. I also picked up a nice set of used BB Shearer inframes for it. 4274a327ab881c78d8f11bcb63bed646.jpg

I'm going to strip the chassis down to the nothins and take it for powder coat within the next month or two, color is going to be a deep candy blue, A-arms and swingarm will both be chromed, I'm going to ditch the +10 stock style carrier for a +6/+8 roundhouse style carrier and an aluminum axle, as soon as I can find a nice set of shocks I'll be getting those, mainly looking for Shaw's but wouldn't mind Elka's or something else nice. Shee's got a long way to go, but we'll get there

Edited by 6point6

Time for an update I guess, plans have changed a little over the last couple months so I'll start here.

I picked this one up for my wife a few weeks back, its a 421 cub cylinder with a cool head and T5's, it runs quite well and should be a lot of fun for her to ride next summer

f5114ee1e09e8d699dc2656b53fd48bf.jpg

almost looks like oem cylinders but im old and blind so i could be wrong :D

• Like 1