cannot find new piston rings

Mrtaterman

i am tearing down my banshee, compression was in mid 90's and i am looking for new piston rings with a hone, i cannot find any on RMATV or Amazon, just piston kits. 

am i really going to have to buy new pistons ( i wouldnt mind ) or can anyone point me in the direction of rings. i am doing a complete tear down, many things will be done, installing coolhead, porting cylinder, etc...

Im in the middle of rebuild and thinking dollars but in the end what will it cost for a few hours then boom! If your already paying for head, porting, etc?.. im pretty much replacing any wear items that could be upon rebuild. Nothing sucks more than a long trip for a ride then boom your funs over and your "buddies" are off on the trails. Couple hundred for some fresh pistons with matched rings on a fresh build vs. Old piston failure and sitting on quad drinking beer....priceless...

the bore is round and ok in all 3 spots?  is it already been bored and has ran cast pistons in it?   if your lookign for OEM rings hat should be easy.  if yo uneed ART or PROX rings  that should be easy also.  they all use oem style rings if i rember right,  if you need NAMURA rings just buy the damn kit for 125 bucks.  if you need wiseco's better check your clearance at the top of the piston  most times the lower section of the skirt is maybe showing ok  but up at the top of the piston there is a shit ton of wall clearance.  if the motor "knocked" or rattled or had "piston slap" you better just get some new ones.. i have seen a lot of cast pistons not wear the bores bad at all BUT forged usually have pretty good wear in the cylinder and not as much on the piston.  just what i have seen over the years.