Snapped my brand new crank snout installing flywheel

ShrpShooter

Doesn't matter what the rod is. If it's not a Hot Rods, it's built using at least Wang core parts. IE. center section and webs. I believe he was at least using different rods.

you are prob right i think those old wang rods are long gone, but i still have no faith in these "stroker cranks" that are not hot rods

anymore its near impossible to say where some of these crank components are made but you can be sure some of them are using subpar materials and workmanship. of all the mainstream +4 webs (and theres several out there) i would have to go with hotrods until i see a reason not to.

i dont think the snout should have broke that easy but im sure you learned a good lesson about impact guns. atleast it broke now and not at full song

What should I have done to the trans? It's still split right now while I'm waiting for the crank to come back. I looked all of the gears and shift forks over and they all looked good, did a modded shift star, steel idler bushing, and changed all of the transmission bearings while I was in there. What else should I do to the trans?

As far as why I bought his +4mm crank, it's because that's what he sold me on the phone and told me he builds them from the same parts all of the other leading manufactures use to build them. I knew he was a reputable shop, so I didn't question it. I was not really active on the forums for a while so if I was I probably would have known to just buy a Hot Rods since that's what everybody uses apparently.

Edited by ShrpShooter