421 ported cheetah cub

pablopab50

Definitely 100+. I've seen a lot of AV gas set ups that could support a set up like that, but it's flirting with the edge. If it were me I'd be safe and run 110.

What do you have access to?

91 canadian octane at the pump. Just bought some Arctic Cat 110 octane race fuel in a 5US gal, guy said it's made by Torco it's just a restamp

But I was thinking of running 50/50 pump 91 and Arctic Cat's 110. Could it be allright?

91 canadian octane at the pump. Just bought some Arctic Cat 110 octane race fuel in a 5US gal, guy said it's made by Torco it's just a restamp

But I was thinking of running 50/50 pump 91 and Arctic Cat's 110. Could it be allright?

Do not blend it. Run the 110 straight. It'll allow you to give it some timing as well and actually keep it alive.

Doesn't matter if it's a drag bike or not. You have a set up with enough compression to light pump fuel (especially 91 octane) before the piston even gets toward the top of it's stroke. This means one piston is on the down stroke while the other is coming up and before it gets to the sweet spot where you want it to fire, it is igniting on pressure/heat alone. It will destroy your crank, rods, or piston. Maybe all of it. Picture the rod shoving the piston up ward to compress the air and fuel mixture but half way up, you whack it with a sledge hammer. That is the effect detonation has on parts. Keep telling your self it's not a race bike so it doesn't need race fuel. You will rebuild it.

Blending 50:50 91/110 gets you 100 octane but it's flirting with what that motor needs. Especially if you got it geared to make good load on the motor or if you're a bigger fella.(heat) I advise against it, but if you wanna give it a run and see what it does, by all means it's yours to do so. I would say pull the timing back to zero first and get it jetted a little fat before doing any wide open pulls. Definitely try 9's for spark plugs.

Ultimately if you are not cool with the cost of the cost of fuel, it would be very wise to order up a new set of domes to better suit your needs.

Doesn't matter if it's a drag bike or not. You have a set up with enough compression to light pump fuel (especially 91 octane) before the piston even gets toward the top of it's stroke. This means one piston is on the down stroke while the other is coming up and before it gets to the sweet spot where you want it to fire, it is igniting on pressure/heat alone. It will destroy your crank, rods, or piston. Maybe all of it. Picture the rod shoving the piston up ward to compress the air and fuel mixture but half way up, you whack it with a sledge hammer. That is the effect detonation has on parts. Keep telling your self it's not a race bike so it doesn't need race fuel. You will rebuild it.

Blending 50:50 91/110 gets you 100 octane but it's flirting with what that motor needs. Especially if you got it geared to make good load on the motor or if you're a bigger fella.(heat) I advise against it, but if you wanna give it a run and see what it does, by all means it's yours to do so. I would say pull the timing back to zero first and get it jetted a little fat before doing any wide open pulls. Definitely try 9's for spark plugs.

Ultimately if you are not cool with the cost of the cost of fuel, it would be very wise to order up a new set of domes to better suit your needs.

Yes I agree with you. I can't afford pure race gas. Maybe I could go 60% race gas then? I'm planning on ordering a set of 22cc domes though. I'll just run it like that for the rest of the season. I will run BR9EIX plugs.

I was thinking to run 170 main jet on 35PWKs ground sea level. Is it ok with pods?