421 ported cheetah cub

pablopab50

I am going to trail ride and casual roll race on dirt and asphalt. It has Small bore Shearers big porting 35 PWKs 21cc domes +4 timing pump gas set up. I currently have 20" ITP mud lites but I'll probably get some 22" holeshots or 22" mud lites again.

Do I NEED a longer swing arm? I currently have stock length.

You know the cause of the last top end failure? I'm betting it was detonation. To much compression and not enough octane means that the fuel mixture is igniting on pressure/heat before the piston shoves the mixture in to the dome completely where the spark plug should light it. You add timing to that and it becomes a time bomb. Timing just creates way more heat and more detonation.(pre detonation/pre ignition, whatever your school of terminology is) That 21cc dome would may be fine on a stock cylinder, but a dome that same size and stuffed with 3-4mm more piston and a little stroke and you're just slamming way more volume in to the same sized combustion chamber.

My friend runs a 421 cub on a +2 and its trail friendly, I built this about 7 yrs ago . I decked the bottom of the cylinder , ported it and run 22 cc domes on race fuel with 8* of timing . Motor flat out halls the mail . A plus two will work if you can ride if you can't ride you will hurt yourself. Don't dance around the dome issue look into it, I'm not saying it to be a know it all, I've built many Cubs and use 21cc domes in asphault bikes all the time , but we're not running pump fuel

My friend runs a 421 cub on a +2 and its trail friendly, I built this about 7 yrs ago . I decked the bottom of the cylinder , ported it and run 22 cc domes on race fuel with 8* of timing . Motor flat out halls the mail . A plus two will work if you can ride if you can't ride you will hurt yourself. Don't dance around the dome issue look into it, I'm not saying it to be a know it all, I've built many Cubs and use 21cc domes in asphault bikes all the time , but we're not running pump fuel

What do you mean by if I can ride.. I know banshees are hella strong and I shouldn't pop the clutch on asphalt but like my question was more like since having longer swingarm it kind of transfer the whole bike weight more to the side when taking a curve. So, this is why stock length is good for trails. The bike mostly keep its 4 wheels grounded. I don't really want to buy +2 a-arms and Axle. I'm 150 pounds and when I take corners I fully transfer my weight to the right (correct) side. So balance is not an issue.

I'm pretty sure sleeper means if your capable of handling a strong engine with stock banshe length swinger. It'll be prone to popping up and breaking the wheels loose, easily. So if your not expecting that wheelie, and like most new riders, get scared and keep on the throttle instead of letting off, or hitting the back brake, you'll end up on your ass.

I'm pretty sure sleeper means if your capable of handling a strong engine with stock banshe length swinger. It'll be prone to popping up and breaking the wheels loose, easily. So if your not expecting that wheelie, and like most new riders, get scared and keep on the throttle instead of letting off, or hitting the back brake, you'll end up on your ass.

Oh right on. I must agree with you and him. Whenever I surprise wheelied I just let the gas. But obviously 421 is way stronger than my previous modded stocker set up.

When it's too fast I clutch in and let the throttle. Then brake. I'm no pro but I got used to the bike.