Banshee impeller

The pressure test is to make sure you don't have any air leaks anywhere else - I don't get the feeling that the OP has ever leak down tested the engine. I didn't mean it as a test for the cooling system, just as an overall precaution afterwards

Registered User is on the rag again, don't pay attention to her.
  • Like 1

why is it everyone proclaims how they know their way around these engines but then go and pump up the crankcase to find a cooling system problem

6psi most likely wont be enough to detect a leak in the cooling section, thats if you werent too stupid to leave the piston above the ports, like i said before. if there is some kind of leak then chances are you wont know if its in the head, crank seals, reed area or mating surfaces of the crankcase.

by pressuring the system at the radiator youve isolated the test to only the cooling system, as thats where your trying to test for leaks. FFS

pump it to 15psi and wait a minute or so. if theres no drop your good. if it drops youll either see evidence on the exterior somewhere, otherwise it will be on the interior which meens the inner oring. pull the head and replace orings. DONE

this is just common sense shit a kid could understand

why is it everyone proclaims how they know their way around these engines but then go and pump up the crankcase to find a cooling system problem

6psi most likely wont be enough to detect a leak in the cooling section, thats if you werent too stupid to leave the piston above the ports, like i said before. if there is some kind of leak then chances are you wont know if its in the head, crank seals, reed area or mating surfaces of the crankcase.

by pressuring the system at the radiator youve isolated the test to only the cooling system, as thats where your trying to test for leaks. FFS

pump it to 15psi and wait a minute or so. if theres no drop your good. if it drops youll either see evidence on the exterior somewhere, otherwise it will be on the interior which meens the inner oring. pull the head and replace orings. DONE

But what about the leak down BRO!

Holy crap. Who ever talked about pumping up the case to find a COOLANT leak? Read the post first instead of going off half cocked about what you THINK you read.

Let me say it again incase you you mis read this one more time. Do an effin leakdown test after you do anything - to verify there is not an air leak anywhere. THIS IS NOT TO CHECK THE COOLANT SYSTEM fora leak.

FFS

Took off the head. Inspected everything. Hard to tell but don't see any corrosion marks indicating leaking. Cleaned the heck out of the coolhead and Ordering oring set and put it back together and hopefully that fixes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! All this is just does what he wants.

You can lead a horse to water.

So you have a answer? One thing at a time or should I do everything all at once? Mulitiple people said it could be a faulty oring so....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have done a leak down. Then pressure test the coolant system.

I don't just throw parts at things anymore. It's more labor and money that sometimes isn't needed.

As much shit as RU gets he was right in saying test the cooling side. A good tester will also be able to check the cap.